Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 Indie Summer Series @ Fountain Square  (Read 959 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: 2015 Indie Summer Series @ Fountain Square
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 09:39:38 AM »

For a town with so many breweries, the beer selection at the Indie series is shite.
Yes, very strange. What happened to the various beer trucks that used to be parked on the side of Fountain Square?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 03:28:28 PM »

For a town with so many breweries, the beer selection at the Indie series is shite.
Yes, very strange. What happened to the various beer trucks that used to be parked on the side of Fountain Square?
I haven't seen them for 5 years or so.

frizgolf

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:03 PM »

You'd think at the very least Rock Bottom would tap 'em up.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 11:37:43 AM »

Outstanding set last night from Buffalo Killers on Fountain Square. I totally love these guys!

Bizarro moment of the night: just as Buffalo Killers started playing "Let It Ride" (possibly my all-time fave BK song), the "Black Lives Matter" demonstrators veered onto Fountain Square, fists raised and shouting loud, walking by right in front of the stage (but not stopping). The Killers kept on playing as if nothing was happening. I'm guessing there were a couple of hundred in the march. They kept on walking by, and were gone by the time "Let It Ride" was finishing up. Nothing was said. The show must go on. Totally freakin' awesome.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »

Smart move by a veteran band.  If there is a fight or disturbance, or the potential for a disturbance as in this case, keep on playing.  Otherwise you build a situation up by drawing attention to it.  One of the local news stations said a band (they didn't say which one) did stop playing in response to demonstrators.  Is that true?  I would take your word over the local McNews stations.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 01:54:53 PM »

Maybe they are referring to a different concert? Or maybe it was later in Buffalo Killers' set (I didn't stay until the very end.)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »

They were talking about Fountain Square, last night.  I suppose it could have happened later in the Buffalo Killers' set, or (more likely, IMHO) they got it wrong--never said what their source for that information was.

On edit:  Or maybe their allotted set time was over anyway...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:24:02 PM by Drjohnrock »
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 08:02:03 PM »

It was about halfway through their set. Protesters marched through and it was no big deal. They came back 5 minutes later and set up shop right in front of the stage with bullhorns. Pretty much right next to me with my 6 year old. Band stops and I see a few dozen cops coming. Time to leave. Cop, fine. Protester, fine. Cops & protesters, time to go. Honestly I thought the shirtless white guy was going to be the problem.

frizgolf

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »

Yep, the second time they came through they stopped in front of the stage and chanted with the megaphone. Megaphone guy was right next to me.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »

This Friday evening, it will be epic:

10 pm Tweens
9 pm Leggy
8 pm SMUT
7 pm Shark Week

There is a fun and irreverent interview in London-based MOIST Mag (no, seriously) with my daughter on Leggy's beginnings and influences:

http://www.moistmag.co.uk/?p=1442

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »

TONIGHT

Get Ready to Rock! Tweens!! Leggy!!

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »

TONIGHT

Never heard of them. :p

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 01:13:30 PM »

TONIGHT

Never heard of them. :p

Neither have I.  I've never seen any mention of them on this board before.                ;)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up