Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MPMF 2015  (Read 1993 times)

euro60

• City Elder
MPMF 2015
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »

It's not too early to start thinking about the 2015 Midpoint Music Festival  8)

A limited amount of early bird weekend passes ($69) are on sale now (I just bought mine)

www.cincyticket.com

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: MPMF 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »

got mine.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »

They're announcing their first round of acts tomorrow.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »

Ride will be there and I will be at Ride.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »

Because nobody else already saw this today [/sarcasm]

Ride
Purity Ring
Sylvan Esso
tUnE-yArDs
Zola Jesus
Strand Of Oaks
Cathedrals
Matthew E. White
Pokey LaFarge
Moon Duo
Betty Who
K.Flay
Sarah Jaffe
Bully
Ryley Walker
Beach Slang
Truly

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:54:30 PM »

Just back in town from DC. Thanks for posting, since I hadn't seen it. Some pretty good bands!

And I have it on pretty good "inside information" that Leggy will play MPMF again  8)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »

Iron & Wine Leads Second Round of MidPoint Artists

MidPoint organizers announced today (June 10) a second group of artists. Tickets for the fourteenth annual event, September 2527, are on sale now at MPMF.com.

Iron & Wine / Patrick Watson / Lydia Loveless / Pure Bathing Culture / All Them Witches / Caspian / American Wrestlers / Aero Flynn / The Donkeys / NE-HI / White Reaper / HOWARD / Mild High Club / Low Cut Connie / Vinyl Williams / Yumi Zouma / Mikhael Paskalev / Huntertones / The Yawpers / Diet Cig

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »

Oh Lucy! You have some listening to do. [/rickyricardo]

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »

I didn't quite realize this until now, but the announced dates for this are Sept 25-27, 2015.

Why is this news? Because for the first time ever, MPMF is now playing Fri-Sat-Sun, rather than Thur-Fri-Sat.

I know that there was some talk about this last year, but am VERY HAPPY that the organizers (CityBeat) actually went ahead and moved it away from Thursday.

This also means most likely an increased use of Washington Park as one of the venues, another move I can only applaud.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »

more artists announced today:

Heartless Bastards / Nick Diamonds / Good Graeff / Heat / Nick D' & the Believers / Roadkill Ghost Choir / Ona / The Eagle Rock Gospel Choir / Alanna Royale / Sphynx / Charles Walker Band / EZTV / Miracles of Modern Science / Bailiff / The Ghost Wolves / Wild Ones / Big Scary / Mothers / Xoe Wise / Turbo Fruits / Young Empires / Grandchildren / Forest and The Evergreens / Great Peacock / Kinky Love / Elk Creek / Ancient Warfare / What Moon Things / Bones Jugs N Harmony / Little Racer / GGOOLLDD / No/No / Kid Runner / Chrome Pony / Dirty Fences / Rose Quartz / Jackson Scott / Eclipse Movement / MULTIMAGIC / Sweet & the Sweet Sweets / Dawg Yawp / Gran Bel Fisher / Automagik / Coconut Milk / Jane Decker / Orchards / Kate Wakefield / Little Lights / DAAP Girls / The Yugos / Marcus Alan Ward / The Harlequins / Tyler Childers & the Food Stamps / Young Heirlooms / Us, Today / Public / Salad Boys / Holiday Mountain / The Almighty Get Down / Noah Smith / Leggy

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »

there are a lot of good ones in there. i'm hoping to find some new ones too.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »

Full schedule is released:

http://mpmf.com/schedule

Looks I will be MOTRing it Friday 9:30 pm  8)

That aside, it seems there are quite a few changes in the venues: sadly, no Memorial Hall this year. Nor the Know Theater (which really surprises me, it seemed like it was a perfect venue for MPMF). Also no CAC. Not sure what the Lightborne Lot is. Could that be what in past years was the MidPoint Midway (free) stage?

Also, maybe it's just an impression, but it looks like the overall number of bands playing is down compared to years past.

Very happy, though, that Washington Park's use has been increased. And the addition of the Woodward, of course.

WHOA.. just noticed that the Besnard Lakes are playing?!? I love those guys. A 4 pm set on Saturday at Washington Park. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:23:00 AM by euro60 »

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »

I know the Midway is gone. They said it is because of the streetcar construction so hopefully it will be back in the future. And I will really miss the Know Theatre. That was always my home base. Whenever there wasn't anyone I really wanted to see playing, I would head there and see who was playing. That's where I first saw both Lydia Loveless and the Ridges.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »

The number of stages is down by four from last year. I also will miss Know. The Lightborne stage is in a parking lot on the corner of 14th and Sycamore.

Tristen vs Zola Jesus vs Sphynx? Arrggg!

frizgolf

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

The Lightborne building is on 14th street directly east of MOTR.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up