Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to Ludlow Garage (not a time warp)  (Read 1847 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Coming to Ludlow Garage (not a time warp)
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »

The new ticket company that's replacing Stubhub for events at Live At The Ludlow Garage appears to be Eventbrite.

I don't know much about this vendor.  Anyone have any experience with them?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »

We use Eventbrite at our cat shelter when we have our annual fundraiser.  I've bought tix for other things through there as well, with no issues.
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »

We use Eventbrite at our cat shelter when we have our annual fundraiser.  I've bought tix for other things through there as well, with no issues.

Thanks for the input.  Are physical tickets available for events through them (I know, "you're old fashioned blah blah blah")?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »

Thanks for the input.  Are physical tickets available for events through them (I know, "you're old fashioned blah blah blah")?
I have yet to do any kind of mobile device ticket, because I keep all my stubs/tix, so you're not the only old-school person around here :-)  For the fundraiser, I've never had any kind of ticket...we get checked in and handed a packet of stuff.  If I am remembering correctly, I did attend an event at XU and for that I think Eventbrite sent me an email and then I printed it out. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2016, 06:38:07 PM »

You can buy physical tickets at the venue.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »

Friday October 28, 2016--Red Wanting Blue.  Really. I looked it up.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »

Thursday December 8, 2016 -- Third World

You can't say the place doesn't have an eclectic booking policy.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »

Thursday December 8, 2016 -- Third World

You can't say the place doesn't have an eclectic booking policy.

I'm seriously considering this one.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »

Third World? Is that the reggae band from way back in the day?

If so, I might be tempted. Been wanting the check out this venue for some time, but just haven't seen any names that interested me a lot.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 01:46:36 PM »

Indeed it is.  The venue seems to specialize in bands from days of yore.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »

Indeed it is.  The venue seems to specialize in bands from days of yore.
I just checked on ticket prices for that show: $35-$75. Are you kidding me? Count me out!

Also notice that Carl Palmer, best known as the drummer of Emerson Lake & Palmer, is doing a show on Wednesday Nov. 16. Ticket prices are a shade more reasonable: $25-65. I wonder what that show will be like: Palmer telling stories and then playing some songs? (That is what Rick Wakeman did a few years back at the 20th Century Theater, a bloody brilliant and hugely entertaining solo performance of stories and music that was.)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2017, 04:15:33 PM »

Have you been looking for an excuse to see / hear Ludlow Garage, but don't want to pay way too much money to see that band with the one song from the 90s?

Free show tonight with Half The Animal (young pop band like Walk The Moon or Imagine Dragons). They only have 4 released songs, so you won't be out all night.

7:00 doors 8:00 show (subject to capacity)

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »

Have you been looking for an excuse to see / hear Ludlow Garage, but don't want to pay way too much money to see that band with the one song from the 90s?

Free show tonight with Half The Animal (young pop band like Walk The Moon or Imagine Dragons). They only have 4 released songs, so you won't be out all night.

7:00 doors 8:00 show (subject to capacity)
Awwww, I might've been interested but I didn't bring a change of clothes with me, and I'm not driving from downtown to Blue Ash and then back to Clifton... I really am curious what the Ludlow Garage looks like as a venue.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

Saturday June 10, 2017:  Air Traffic Controller.

Tickets are $10-$12, a refreshing change from this venue's "you'll need to take out a second mortgage to see a gig here" pricing.  I don't know this act's music (the LALG website calls them "indie pop") but I'll check it out and maybe go if they're good enough.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:30:31 PM by Drjohnrock »

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »

12/15/2017--Red Wanting Blue/Alternate Routes Quartet
4/19/2018--The Verve Pipe

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up