Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to Ludlow Garage (not a time warp)  (Read 1846 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Coming to Ludlow Garage (not a time warp)
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »

Probably would have seen Kevin Griffin of Better Than Ezra here a month or so back, but the ticket prices were insane.  Also, I've heard thisplace is setup pretty horribly. 
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »

You've heard wrong.  The setup is odd but far from horrible.  There are very few bad seats in the house.  The prices do tend to be on the high side, though the tickets for Red Wanting Blue and The Verve Pipe are more Reasonable.  It would behoove the ownership to have more reasonably priced shows.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2017, 10:35:44 PM »

Well, since this thread started 2 1/2 years ago with complaints about ticket prices, and predictions that it would have trouble staying open, and yet there are still posts about concerts being held there, I'd say that management sees no reason to lower ticket prices anytime soon.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2017, 10:44:58 PM »

Probably would have seen Kevin Griffin of Better Than Ezra here a month or so back, but the ticket prices were insane.  Also, I've heard thisplace is setup pretty horribly.

It was last week, but yeah, tix were sadly cost prohibitive.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2017, 11:13:39 PM »

there have been some shows there that I was mildly interested in, but, like others have said, the ticket prices were way overpriced. Hence I've still not gone to any show there
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »

A lot of the acts that have played the place tend to be ones where older, richer baby boomers or Gen X'ers or whatever will shell out the extra cash.  But one of the first acts they booked was Freedy Johnston, and the tickets were reasonably priced.  Since the place wasn't ready for opening, Freedy's show had to be moved.  More acts like Freedy, or Red Wanting Blue and The Verve Pipe, would be a step in the right direction.

One reason--but certainly not the only one--tickets are more expensive is the limited number of seats in the place--the two sections of seats are separated by the kitchen for the upstairs restaurant. But it's an intimate venue, so even the seats in back are pretty good.  And lots of times the seats in the back rows are cheaper.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »

the upstairs restaurant? So there are two restaurants?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »

The concerts are held in the basement.  The restaurant is on the main floor.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up