Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to The 20th Century Theater  (Read 3412 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Coming to The 20th Century Theater
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »

October 6, 2015: Gang Of Four.  I guess The 20th Century isn't about to give up on live bands in favor of wedding receptions.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Coming to The 20th Century Theater
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:36:50 AM »

October 6, 2015: Gang Of Four.  I guess The 20th Century isn't about to give up on live bands in favor of wedding receptions.
That's on my list

Also Delta Spirit is on July 28th with OTR in tow . . . although I'd guess just Linford and Karin.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »

October 6, 2015: Gang Of Four. 

Want to go protest the show?
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »

;D

I'm in.  After that, maybe we can do something equally as productive, like lob spoonfuls of oatmeal at the Carew Tower in an effort to knock it down.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »

Also Delta Spirit is on July 28th with OTR in tow . . . although I'd guess just Linford and Karin.
Back in town tonight... and WHOA? OtR tomorrow at the 20th Century? Not sure that I can make it.... but I'm very surprised to read this.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »

No sign of OtR playing the Delta Spirit show on either the OtR website or the 20th Century website. It would've really surprised me had they in fact be playing that show.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »

Delta Spirit website
Cincinnati! Delta Spirit will be bringing T. Hardy Morris & Over the Rhine with them for a special 'Evening' at the 20th Century Theater next Tuesday, 7/28! Grab your tickets now and we'll see you soon!
But I wouldn't go just for the opener or a "and friends" basis.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:12:29 PM by TayFo »

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 05:00:33 PM »

I took a picture of Karin and Linford but it looked like crap. Delta Spirit started the show in a Variety show style and people joined or left the stage at different times. Karin's solo piano rendition of Ohio was pretty cool.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:55 PM »

I took a picture of Karin and Linford but it looked like crap. Delta Spirit started the show in a Variety show style and people joined or left the stage at different times. Karin's solo piano rendition of Ohio was pretty cool.
Really surprised that Karen and Linford were at this. Their website is usually pretty accurate about upcoming gigs. Totally missed this <sigh>

And yes, Karen has been known to perform "Ohio" solo at the piano beautifully.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »

The club's website says tonight's Gang Of Four show is "cancelled due to illness" and that refunds are available at point of purchase.  I feel bad for those who were anticipating this show.  I hope it gets rescheduled down the road on a night I can attend.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »

20th century actually called me to give the cancellation news.  kexp reports a show due there in Seattle next week, wonder if that will go on.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »

Nothing . . . there is nothing coming to 20th Century . . . bar Hinder in a couple of weeks. I'm starting to miss the place.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 09:24:50 PM »

Not quite true--The Subdudes are supposed to be coming there later this year.  That probably won't interest anyone on this board but I thought I would mention it.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »

Not quite true--The Subdudes are supposed to be coming there later this year.  That probably won't interest anyone on this board but I thought I would mention it.
good to know

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »

More signs The 20th Century isn't content to be a 100% wedding reception venue:

8/23/2016:  Lucinda Williams
10/10/2016:  The Record Company
1/18/2017:  The Devil Makes Three

Not listing the date for The Subdudes because the venue's website doesn't and it might be more pollstar misinformation.  Not listing the date for the Chris Robinson Brotherhood because I couldn't care less.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up