Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: British Barclays Premier League 2015-2016  (Read 10042 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
British Barclays Premier League 2015-2016
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

Have at it.

C'mon you Saints!
Opulence. I has it.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: British Barclays Premier League 2015-2016
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »

Should I be rooting for WBA now that Rickie is there? He still has my heart.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:01:51 AM »

Yeah, why not?  West Brom is a good club.  I think he will do well there, they know how to use him.

He scored 2 today in a friendly against Bristol, that must have been fun. Everyone in the stadium probably loved it. 

I will also be rooting for Sheffield United.  Because I still love Adkins.  And we treated Billy Sharp like shit.  I know that we have moved past both, but it still sucks.

Adkins can coach in the Premier League.  And Sharp can play.  Not for us anymore but for someone.

If I had my way, I would put together a team with Hooieveld, Lambert, Hammond, Lee Holmes, SKD, Lambert, Chaplow, Sharp,  Do Prado, Hammond..some other guys and just see how well we could do.  I would even put Forte in the team. 

I am conflicted about Bournemouth.  I find their fans to be massive fucking pricks, and I hope they get relegated.  But I can't root against Boruc.  And definitely not Surman.  I wish we would just buy those two and then loan them to some more deserving club.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »

Yeah, I will find it difficult to root against Boruc. I love that guy!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »

I keep hearing how Bournemouth's fans hate Southampton. I keep loving and rooting for Bournemouth. I guess "kill 'em with kindness" is the way to go.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »

The "hate" of Bournemouth fans is not reciprocated by Saints fans because we funnel all ours toward Pompey fans. There is nothing left in the tank for Bournemouth.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »

They are named The Cherries! How adorable!! How could someone hate that?

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »

They are named The Cherries! How adorable!! How could someone hate that?
I think this is exactly why they hate Saints fans XD

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

Yeah, see I totally get that.  It's very patronizing to be thought of as Saints' cute little brother feeder club.  But a lot of Saints fans genuinely wished them well even if their reasoning was somewhat misplaced.

When Saints were in League One they were kinda like "How ya like them apples?" and I was like "Okay, that's fair."  But then, if they had gone up and we had not, I would have been happy for them.  And when both teams were doing really well, I would have been ecstatic for both teams to go up together.

But they ruined all that by being far and away the biggest jerks in League One.  All they ever talked about was how much they were better than Saints and were now the biggest club in Hampshire or whatever.  They spent more time rooting for Saints to lose than for them to win.

When Lallana pulled a snit, a bunch of them were like "It totally makes sense he would want to get away from your stupid club.  I hope he transfers for free."  You have a 25% sell-on clause,that's your money too, idiots.   

And last year they were like haha Boruc is so awesome he came here because he hates your stupid club.  Yeah, you got a premier league keeper because WE LOANED HIM TO YOU.  You're welcome.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »

I think Bournemouth could do even worse than Derby C*unty did that one season when all they got was (was it?) 7 points. Eddie Howe's told his team to "get used to losing". He should've said "get used to losing a fucking lot". The club will sack him come January and the club will have no idea how to recover other than to call in the services of special agent Redknapp who lives "just down the road". Who will convince them to blow their wad on expensive unnecessary players pushing them deeper in the mire.

Losing one's cherry is slang for losing one's virginity. Quite apt considering how often they're going to get fucked in the Prem.
Opulence. I has it.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:55 PM »

Dan Harding was offered a contract with Portsmouth in League 2, but turned it down to play for Eastleigh Spitfires (who I like) because he would not play for Portsmouth.

Which makes me love Dan Harding even more.  It's cool that he doesn't feel right about it, but I would not have been mad if he played for Pompey.  It's League 2, who cares?  I don't spend too much time worrying about Portsmouth, although I will confess that I get a little interested whenever it looks like they might get relegated.

But the other thing is this-- I can see that at 31, Harding may have lost a step but speed was never a major part of his game anyway.  I realize that Richardson, Butterfield, Fox, Harding would not make it anywhere Saints first team nowadays, but they were all perfectly fine players on a team that came in second in the Championship.

I feel like Harding could probably play League One.  So there's no way he should be in non-League.

Anyway, yesterday I did my annual pre-opening week watching of Saints vs. Coventry where they gained promotion.  Funny how so many of those guys got pushed out of the team even in the first year.  Shaw replaced Fox, Clyne replaced Richardson.  Sharp and Hammond were  loaned out before the season even started.  Boruc replaced SKD by December. 

Still think that 2011-12 team will always be my Saints team ever.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »

Yeah, I hear ya about the getting pushed out bit. It's goes even further - Dan Harding won a spot in the League's All-XI and then before you knew it Danny Fox was in his place. And when I went to a game in 2011, of the players who played, only Jose Fonte is still playing, and SKD is a backup. I think the rest are gone.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »

Yeah, but looks at most teams from 4 years ago and you'll find the same level of change in the line-ups. It's that transition that makes football so 'fluid'.

But good for Dan Harding. Eastleigh (where I was born and where my shop was) came close last season to legging it up into League 2. Maybe he's aware of that.
Opulence. I has it.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 02:13:56 AM »

Good win today, but I'm not feeling all Euro.

Just doesn't feel like the real tournament until group stages start.  Then I'll feel like we are actually in European competition and will be excited.  Vitesse is actually likely to be better than who Saints will end up playing the next round, so they should get there.

Excited about the PL match but wish we weren't playing Newcastle.  They are a better team than they appear, they just don't know what they are doing.  Or didn't for most of last year anyway.  This is just one of those matches where if you win everyone goes "Yeah, they'd better win that one" and if you lose people think it's a disaster.  High expectations can be tough sometimes.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 04:48:29 PM »

That Coutinho goal was a beauty!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up