Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northside Yacht Club  (Read 1011 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: Northside Yacht Club
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 09:52:47 AM »

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, DrJ.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »

Thanks, MissKitty.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 01:10:43 PM »

Neither.  My father-in-law passed away recently so I didn't think a trip out of town for fun was appropriate.  As for the local show, The Wolverton Brothers are my favorite local band.  But I don't really care for Knife The Symphony, and after listening to several of the headliner's songs, I don't see what all the fuss is about.  To me they sound like a lightweight load of heavy metal sludge.  I'm still need to see a good rock show sometime soon, though--the withdraw symptoms are increasing.
Indeed, sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing away.
We need to find an at least somewhat mutually agreeable show and get together again for a show soon. Let's face it, The Fall ain't coming back to the US anytime soon so it's going to have to be someone else!!  ;)
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »

Neither.  My father-in-law passed away recently so I didn't think a trip out of town for fun was appropriate.  As for the local show, The Wolverton Brothers are my favorite local band.  But I don't really care for Knife The Symphony, and after listening to several of the headliner's songs, I don't see what all the fuss is about.  To me they sound like a lightweight load of heavy metal sludge.  I'm still need to see a good rock show sometime soon, though--the withdraw symptoms are increasing.
We need to find an at least somewhat mutually agreeable show and get together again for a show soon. Let's face it, The Fall ain't coming back to the US anytime soon so it's going to have to be someone else!!  ;)

Thanks, mik. He was a great guy.

As for The Fall, if they don't up their game, I won't care if they ever come back to our shores.  I didn't care for Ersatz GB or Re-mit, and I haven't even bought Sublingual Tongue--I heard about four songs off of it before I got bored and directed my attention elsewhere.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »

Thanks, mik. He was a great guy.

As for The Fall, if they don't up their game, I won't care if they ever come back to our shores.  I didn't care for Ersatz GB or Re-mit, and I haven't even bought Sublingual Tongue--I heard about four songs off of it before I got bored and directed my attention elsewhere.
Look back bore!  ;) ;D
I prefer Sublingual Tablet over the past few but I have not purchased a physical copy, yet (the "completest" in me says I should).
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »

D.R.I. fans (if any on this borad), they're coming on 9/20/2016

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

Tommy Stinson will be there 8/20!!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »

Tommy Stinson will be there 8/20!!

If I didn't already have tickets for another show, I would be there.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »

July 27, 2017--Negative Approach

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 09:44:22 PM »

September 10, 2017--Protomartyr

It's a Sunday so I probably won't be able to make it.  But the show certainly merits a mention on the board.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »

will there mostly be white people at the kool keith concert? 
poach eggs, not elephants
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up