Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows in 2015  (Read 6160 times)

dirk

• City Elder
Re: New TV Shows in 2015
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »

I am 3 episodes into Jessica Jones and so far am blown away. DareDevil was good, this is AMAZING. The acting is perfect and the feel of the show is incredible. And I got to hear Luke Cage say "Sweet Christmas". This may turn out to be my favorite thing Marvel has ever done.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:03 AM »

I am 3 episodes into Jessica Jones and so far am blown away. DareDevil was good, this is AMAZING. The acting is perfect and the feel of the show is incredible. And I got to hear Luke Cage say "Sweet Christmas". This may turn out to be my favorite thing Marvel has ever done.

I am looking forward to having the house to myself on Wednesday and Friday, I am already planning on spending some time with the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. This review-y thing makes me a bit more excited to get started.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »

FARGO is bonkers good.

True dat.  Even better than last season, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »

FARGO is bonkers good.

True dat.  Even better than last season, which I wouldn't have thought possible.
We totally missed the first season. I was glad that this season was totally different so that we didn't have to catch up in order to watch it. But, now I totally want to go back and watch the first season because this season is so amazing.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »

Anyone else watching the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle?
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

I thought I had seen someone post here about it, but I guess not.  Maybe it was Facebook.

I want to see it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 10:35:10 PM »

I am looking forward to having the house to myself on Wednesday and Friday, I am already planning on spending some time with the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. This review-y thing makes me a bit more excited to get started.
Five minutes in and I'm all excited about the B in Apt 23.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »

Krysten Ritter bothers me so much.  For no reason at all.  Something about her face is just super-annoying. I think mostly it's the hair.  But if she did her hair different, she would look like Sarah Michelle Geller who is also annoying, although admittedly much less so.  So it's not JUST the hair.

I feel a little bad about it, she might be a really nice person.  She plays in a band or something, right?  So that seems like a plus.

Then again, she makes a ton of money and is generally viewed as quite attractive so I'm guessing my disliking her face would not bother her.

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about Jessica Jones so I know I need to watch it.  I'm just trying to steel myself for an hour of Ritter, but haven't been able to work up to it yet.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »

I dislike Krysten Ritter too, I also have no explanation.  I was glad when her character in Breaking Bad died.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »

The most recent episode of Fargo might be the best 60 minutes of TV I have ever seen.

The whole cabin thing was off the chain great.  And the acting was amazing.  I like Jeffrey Donovan on account of Burn Notice (and it was fun to see him and Bruce Campbell semi-together again), but I've never really rated him as an actor.  Even through most of Fargo, I've been a little surprised how good he is but still not that impressed.  But for about five minutes in this show, he was like Orson Welles-esque.  I would give him a Lifetime Achievement Emmy on the strength of his beseeching eyeroll alone.  Kirsten Dunst took it to a whole nother level, too.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »

I would give him a Lifetime Achievement Emmy on the strength of his beseeching eyeroll alone. 
We watched THAT scene like 8 times immediately after it happened. His eyes said SO MUCH.

He and Kirsten are magical on screen together.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:27 PM »

I don't want Simone to be dead though.  Those bangs are too awesome to die.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »

I still have 2 episodes left of Jessica Jones, and it is brutal. Though why people other than Jessica are blaming Jessica for Kilgrave's actions, I don't know. (I get why she does- it's part of her character) And Fake Captain America is turning out to be interesting too.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »

I don't want Simone to be dead though.  Those bangs are too awesome to die.
Strategically placed hair tendrils.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »

Anyone else watching the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle?
7 intriguing/good episodes followed by 3 utter shite ones. Shame.
Opulence. I has it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up