Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubahn Festival  (Read 175 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Ubahn Festival
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »

Anyone planning to hit the Ubahn Festival this weekend?

I can't do Friday but might go for a while on Saturday with a coworker. Looks like quite the spectacle.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Ubahn Festival
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

Not really my thing, but I notice that this is taking place in the underground Second Street metro center. I saw Chairlift there a couple of years ago ('12? '13?), which I seemed to recall was a free show. And as you say, MK, it was quite the spectacle. Definitely an underused space, and one would think the ideal setting for a festival like this one.

As it happens, our firm's annual 2 day partners' meeting/retreat is this coming Friday/Saturday and this year it is in Cincinnati (it rotates to various cities each year). The Friday evening dinner is at the new Anderson Pavilion in Smale Park, and it is expected that quite a few of us will venture out into the Banks after the dinner. I wonder if we'll be able to hear the Ubahn Fest, which I suspect will be ultra-loud...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »

Sept 15, 2012 with Chairlift

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »

So they've announced a partial lineup for this year's Ubahn Festival: Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane, Big Boi and Lecrae.

While I am only familiar with three of these acts, I have always had a really fun time at Ubahn and think it is a very underrated festival. Really happy to see that it's taking place a month earlier this year - having it in October is a weather crap shoot and even though the shows take place in the tunnel it is usually cold AF everywhere but the big stage at the far end, so having it at the beginning of Sept. ought to bring out more folks for a funner atmosphere and groovier vibe.

It ain't EDC - but then the Nati ain't Vegas - but I'm hopeful that the warmer weather means the outfits will be fly as shit.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up