Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indianapolis  (Read 676 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Indianapolis
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »

I made a Columbus thread, so why not Indy too? I do like the Vogue and Radio Radio, but here is other coming up. I know someone on here would have so interest.

10-30 A Silent Film / Flagship The Rathskeller

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »

Yeah, I like Radio Radio too.  Even though it's just a bar with a wide space for a band, it does have a certain charm.  And it's in Fountain Square, an actual neighborhood (unlike Cincinnati's Fountain Square) that's on the rebound. The Hi-Fi club is also in the Fountain Square area but I've never seen a show there.

Birdy's is in or near the Broad Ripple area.  I was going to see Freedy Johnston there but something came up. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:03:10 PM »

Saturday June 25, 2016--Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks at Radio Radio.  Barring extreme circumstances, I'll be there.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »

Holy crap, I had no idea Webb Wilder was still doing it. How much are tickets? And do you want company? :)
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »

Tickets are only $10.00 through Ticketfly. Service charge is $1.55 each.  Will call is free, and a ticket mailed to you is $2.50 extra.  I'm always willing to discuss putting together a road trip :)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »

I doubt it will sell out so I may hang fire for a few weeks before making the decision, but I am pretty sure I will be up for road tripping. I've never seen them live but I know they put on a fun show (and It Came from Nashville was one of my top albums back in the day).

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »

Dr.J, I'm sadly unable to attend but if you are interested, Webb Wilder & the Beatnecks are also playing at Stuart's Opera House in Nelsonville on Friday, June 24 7 p.m. FREE!!

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 12:40:11 PM »

I saw the Nelsonville show announcement on Webb's website (no pun intended)--pretty much an 11th hour notification, so I won't be able to go.  Too bad--I've seen a show at the Nelsonville Opera House and it's a great venue.

I probably won't be able to go to the Indy show myself. I'm recovering from a case of the shingles.  I'm not totally ruling it out but the chances look slim right now  :(

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »

Oof, shingles are no fun. I'm so sorry to hear you have them. Had them in 2002 and suffered the burning, stabbing feeling for months after the actual rash was gone. Hope you fare better.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »

Thanks.  I'm not having too much trouble with pain but that's probably because the doc caught it early.  Yeah, if you've ever had chicken pox, you can always get shingles down the road.  Chicken pox:  the gift that keeps on giving.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »

Good to hear you don't have much pain - you are very lucky indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up