News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dayton  (Read 494 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Dayton
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:25:45 PM »

If TayFo can start threads about upcoming shows in Columbus and Indianapolis, I can start one about Dayton. 

Saturday November 7, 2015:  Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets, Oddbody's Music Room

That's quite a double bill.  I'm quite interested in going but whether I do depends on how the week goes for me.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Dayton
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »

I was looking at that show, but Robert DeLong is playing the same night.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »

Easy choice for me:  the Dayton show, if I'm able to make it.  I do wish Meat Puppets were playing last, though.  Sometimes, even when it's a co-headlining show, the band that plays first doesn't play as long as they would if they were the sole headliner, like when Los Straitjackets and The Fleshtones played the SGHR. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »

Ooo, gonna have to see if I can make this one. Last saw the Meat Puppets at Bogarts in '89 or so. What's Oddbody's all about - anyone been there?
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »

If TayFo can start threads about upcoming shows in Columbus and Indianapolis, I can start one about Dayton. 

Saturday November 7, 2015:  Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets, Oddbody's Music Room

That's quite a double bill.  I'm quite interested in going but whether I do depends on how the week goes for me.

Wow, I may have to grovel to the wife and see if I can sneak out for this.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

What's Oddbody's all about - anyone been there?

I've never been there.  Tayfo?  I figure if anyone on the forum has been there, it's our resident "Concert Professional" (he even has a business card to prove it!)

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »

What's Oddbody's all about - anyone been there?

I've never been there.  Tayfo?  I figure if anyone on the forum has been there, it's our resident "Concert Professional" (he even has a business card to prove it!)
I've only been to the big venues like Fraze or Hara. I've never been to the smaller places. I am embarrassed. Is BobRox on these boards? He would be the Dayton pro.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »

The address suggests it is in the former McGuffy's Tavern. It's probably been updated since I was there 20+ years ago, but the basic layout back then was a long shotgun-style room where if you were stuck toward the back you didn't see much because the stage was low.

I'd imagine it's been changed for the better.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

Thank you - just took a look at Oddbody's website but couldn't tell much from the pictures
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]
Pages: [1]   Go Up