Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adult cartoons  (Read 849 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
adult cartoons
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »

which is my shit.  my favorite show is sealab 2021.  and thanks to the power of my sister's netflix password i get to watch the next best thing, archer.  i didn't want to like it because i didn't want anything to be funnier than sealab, but i got hooked and noticed the humor to be similar and it's because adam reed was behind both.  i've slept soundly for three seasons knowing that
poach eggs, not elephants

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: adult cartoons
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:01 PM »

I haven't been into any of the Adult Swim type stuff in a long time, but we used to love Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Hopefully Adventure Time is with us for a long time to come, it is perfectly crazy.  The recent 8 episode arc revolving around Marceline was nearly perfect.

I'm mourning the passing of Gravity Falls.  While not strictly an adult show the way it mixed of Twin Peaks and X-Files was really smart and very adult friendly.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »

Archer is the sh!t, no questions there.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »

Archer is the sh!t, no questions there.
Sploosh.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 07:46:50 PM »

Bojack Horseman might be the most depressingly adult SHOW (not just cartoon) of all time.  It's so grim and overflowing with middle-aged existential angst I'm not even sure it's watchable by people under 30.  Or who have friends.

Season 1 and half of season 2 was like kind of funny but not hahaLOL funny.  More like mildly thoughtful funny but kind of boring.  But it kind of sticks with you, leaving a faint sour hangover in its wake.  The lack of yuks mostly just came across as the show being not that great, albeit with some clever pop culture references (especially for indie music lovers).

But it turns out it was all an intentional slow build, and as you start to see where everything is inevitably leading, the back half of season 2 is as black as they come.  Just one slow-motion awful trainwreck where you have time to see it coming and yet cannot possibly brace yourself for it.  It's all "He's going to, isn't he?  No, he's not, he can't.  But he is, he has to.  No.  Yes.  Aaaaugggh!"  I guess it's funny, but it's squirmy, painful, awkward funny.

What's kind of a grim, adult-y movie?  The Wrestler maybe?  Yeah, The Wrestler.  I would watch The Wrestler start-to-finish twice before I watch season 2 of Bojack Horseman again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up