Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows in 2016  (Read 6273 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: New TV Shows in 2016
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »

My wife finished it last night and told me, 'I don't know what I just watched.'

Does that help?

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »

My wife finished it last night and told me, 'I don't know what I just watched.'

Does that help?

Ha ha - yep, that sorta sums it up. I really enjoyed it but the ending left open a LOT of questions (and probably room for a second season).

Switching gears completely, and because I am woeful at keeping up with TV stuff on these boards and am too lazy to go back and look, has anyone else watched the Amazon series The Night Manager, starring Hugh Laurie and (the incredibly delicious) Tom Hiddleston? That was fucking awesome to watch ... and not just because Hiddleston gets naked (but not as naked as he gets in High Rise, yo).
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »

She thought that the 2nd season was not likely to happen because Britt Marling is busy doing other things, etc. I don't know where she got that information, though.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2016, 03:52:02 PM »

i'm nearing the end of the first season of the twilight zone.  i'm totally into paranoia.  some of the endings are pretty dumb or are ruined because you guess it.  still entertaining
poach eggs, not elephants

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »

Anyone else watch the Netflix original series The OA?
Yep! It's not a perfect show or anything, but we loved it. Lo-fi sci-fi, if you will. Great way to make use of a small budget.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »

So I am getting caught up on series I had been storing up.

I just finished Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. I still have no idea what I watched or what exactly happened, but I enjoyed it. It was wacky and confusing and fun.

I also just started Stan Versus Evil. So far it is okay, but I don't know how they could have made it a more obvious rip-off off Ash versus Evil Dead. It's not bad so far, mainly because I like John C. McGinley and Janet Varney. I think if Ash Versus Evil Dead din't exist, I would like this a lot more, but it just can't hold up to the original.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:43 PM »

I want to like The Good Place more than I really do. It isn't bad, but it just seems to be missing something. Hopefully as it goes on it will find it's footing.
I agree about THE GOOD PLACE. I don't dislike it, but it is definitely missing something. Just don't know what that is. A villain? An implied direction of where the show might go?
I officially take back everything somewhat negative I said about the Good Place. That season finale just completely blew my mind. It tied everything together perfectly and left everything open for more at the same time. Mind blown.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:37 AM »

I want to like The Good Place more than I really do. It isn't bad, but it just seems to be missing something. Hopefully as it goes on it will find it's footing.
I agree about THE GOOD PLACE. I don't dislike it, but it is definitely missing something. Just don't know what that is. A villain? An implied direction of where the show might go?
I officially take back everything somewhat negative I said about the Good Place. That season finale just completely blew my mind. It tied everything together perfectly and left everything open for more at the same time. Mind blown.
Really? I stopped watching around episode 5 or 6. I went from kinda liking it to just was not liking it at all. But, between your comment and my recent conversation with va_vacious about the show, I might have to go back and watch what I've missed.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:44 AM »

Oh, yeah.  It has gone in every possible direction since you stopped watching.  The finale was crazy.  Julie and I were literally leaning forward in our seats at one point. 

Plus Adam Scott is the sarcastic devil, it's worth it just for that (not that it's much more than a bit part).
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 02:50:35 PM »

I really enjoyed the finale!
And it was done in a way that they have interesting directions to go if it gets picked up, but it's also a good finish if they don't. I REALLY hope they have a second season. Bell does a great job with this character.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »

The Good Place kind of falls into an awkward area.

There's not enough substance in it for you to get enjoyment out of it as a series rather than just a sitcom.  But there's also not enough zaniness or laugh-out-loud yuks for you to engage in it like a sitcom rather than a series.

It walks sort of a fine line where it balances the two.  For me, it does just enough for me to keep going and stay satisfied if not awed.  So, I like it.  But it does walks a pretty fine line.  If I see two bad eps in a row, or if I feel like the longer term story arc has bogged down at all, I would drop it and never come back.

Am I the only one here who watches Bojack Horseman?  If so, why?

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »

Am I the only one here who watches Bojack Horseman?  If so, why?

Started the first episode once, fell asleep.  Probably just because I was tired.  Then next thing you know they are wrapping up Season 3.  So now I feel like it's too far along to start.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »

Yeah, maybe you should quit while you are ahead.

Because most of the time if you watch Bojack Horseman instead of falling asleep in the middle of the episode, you won't be able to fall asleep for hours after an episode.  At least you have a family you can hug or something.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2017, 03:55:33 PM »

Oh, yeah.  It has gone in every possible direction since you stopped watching.  The finale was crazy.  Julie and I were literally leaning forward in our seats at one point. 

Plus Adam Scott is the sarcastic devil, it's worth it just for that (not that it's much more than a bit part).
I decided to watch the last two episodes of the season and BOY, I really like where that went.

Thanks for the recommendation, Guys.

I agree, va. If they come back, that will be an interesting 2nd season. If they don't, it was a great series finale.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »

The Good Place kind of falls into an awkward area.

There's not enough substance in it for you to get enjoyment out of it as a series rather than just a sitcom.  But there's also not enough zaniness or laugh-out-loud yuks for you to engage in it like a sitcom rather than a series.

It walks sort of a fine line where it balances the two.  For me, it does just enough for me to keep going and stay satisfied if not awed.  So, I like it.  But it does walks a pretty fine line.  If I see two bad eps in a row, or if I feel like the longer term story arc has bogged down at all, I would drop it and never come back.

Binge watching THE GOOD PLACE this week, and this is an outstanding description.  It's not that funny (aside from Janet and Adam Scott as a demon), and the plot is maybe a little too cliffhangery show to show (though binge-watching tamps that down some), but it's interesting enough to watch.  Got the final 3 episodes to go tonight.

Janet's wedding to Jason was pretty dang funny.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up