Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundbounce  (Read 1458 times)

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
Soundbounce
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »

Soundbounce is this site: http://soundbounce.org/

It's pretty nifty. It's kinda like turntable.fm from back in the day, but integrates with Spotify. I hear it works better if you have Pro, but I don't, so I use the chrome extension, which is fine at home, but for crap at work. Still, I can listen even if I can't chat or add songs while working, and that makes work much, much better.  8)

Buzzstein made a WOXY room. This link might direct to it, but you'll need to download soundbounce first or the chrome extension and get it working. http://app.soundbounce.org/app.html#room/QkbNmwFI-/689f38   :o
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Soundbounce
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:42:23 AM »

I didn't use turntable. What does this program do?

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »

You get to make a rolling playlist for your friends. And it has a chatroom attached.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »

So, like the Spotify feature we use here, but with a chatroom.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »

I don't know what feature is used here... Playlists? Can multiple people add to playlists? Because it's kinda like that, but has more of a turntable.fm vibe to it.

Anyway, right now I can't seem to get anyone other than Buzz to participate, so I just go to this other room that the guy who told me about Soundbounce is always in. Cool people. Design nerds so they share a lot of fun pics and talk about Pokemon a lot.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 10:14:39 AM »

Yeah. We have a monthly playlist on Spotify that we all contribute to. It's kind of like a best of the month list from WOXY.

Someone posts the link in the Spotify thread and that's about it. We talk here, which I guess is the same as the chatroom.

virgil p colon

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 10:39:54 AM »

I checked out Soundbounce last night, it's buggy as hell at least it was for me. The only difference I could see between Soundbounce and the Spotify playlist is the ability to interact with others in the same 'room', like Turntable other than that I don't think it's like Turntable at all.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »

Oh yeah, it is buggy for sure. So was turntable sometimes.

I like the immediacy of the playlist intertwined with the chat window. For example, today, one of the guys found a weird gif of an eyeball, so they all shared a bunch of pics and links about eyes, all the while adding songs to the playlist with "eyes" in the title. If you're into that kind of spontaneous playlist change, you'd like this sort of thing. If not, maybe not?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »

Wow, man.  This thing that you really like, that you took the time to share with us really sucks. 

/s
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »

Agree with Kwyj...thanks for sharing!

I probably won't use it in the near term, but maybe down the road. My stupid job keeps me from listening to music much...

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:35:05 PM »

My stupid job keeps me from listening to music much...
Where are your priorities, man? stupid job? or crappy streaming service?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »

Huh. Was hoping y'all would get it, but it's cool. I'll just keeping hanging with the design dudes and listen to their tunes. #getoffmylawn  :disco:

Pages: [1]   Go Up