Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my fantasy basketball team  (Read 1118 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
my fantasy basketball team
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »

iverson
calvin murphy
chris mullin
charles oakley
artis gilmore

sixth man

xavier mcdaniel

iverson would recognize murphy and vice versa.  oak would bruise.  how many freakin' alley oops would artis have?  like 10 before the half?  chris mullin would run around and the x man would do x man shit

poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: my fantasy basketball team
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »

Are we playing 80's rules or today's?

That team would dominate using 80's or early 90's rules.  But not sure if they could beat the Warriors or Cleveland in today's game.  Mullin wouldn't be able to guard anyone, Oakley would foul out in like 10 minutes and you just can't play in the paint like you used to.

I would take Laimbeer over Oakley because Laimbeer was an effective outside shooter, and also the master of super-dirty fouls that don't get called but injure guys, which is what you need from a "physical" player nowadays.

Would prefer Chris Webber over McDaniel, although McDaniel is more fun.

I would also take Jason Williams over Calvin Murphy.  Wouldn't make the team better but Iverson and Williams in the backcourt together would be amazing in every way both good and bad.  Plus Williams and Mullins on the court together would be amusing as well.

I would love to see a team of players that were sporadically awesome or could have been way more awesome but weren't due to career path and/or personal problems.  Put them all together and see watch them both win and lose spectacularly.

Andrew Toney, Iverson, John Starks, Jason Williams
Webber, Kemp, Lionel Simmons, Chuck Person
Duckworth, Divac, Caldwell Jones, Arvydas Sabonis

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »

I was thinking I would have to have Shawn Kemp in there somewhere... for when you need a guy to just disappear for 17 minutes, and then out of nowhere a thunderdunk to get everybody pumped.

Divac was a great old school center, but a terrible GM.

John Starks is good with Iverson, because neither of them would ever shut up.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »

Deron DWill Williams
John Hot Rod Williams
John Hot Plate Williams
Jason White Chocolate Williams
Jayson Murdered-my-Butler Williams

Sixth Man:
Derrick Williams
Seventh Man:
LeBron Legend James

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »

maybe play today's ball but just have one less ref.  the idea of having iverson with another ball crazy guard fascinates me.  i think it would humble the two and they would create beautiful music together.  i was thinking the ice man or the pearl as well.  but i like your well thought out team.  to be honest chris mullin was only a consideration because i was too chickenshit not to put a white guy on my fantasy team.  i'm glad you see the virtue of shawn kemp.  he got a pretty raw deal.  that man was explosive.   just another example of the grass ain't always greener on the other side.  people seem to just write off his sonic years and call him a joke.  on an aside, i was in arkansas on my last backpacking trip and a dude on the trail was wearing a shawn kemp sonic jersey.  those were sweet jerseys and i thought practical backpacking gear

laimbeer vs. oak.  wow.  i'd have to take both.  both of them on the floor together?  who would drive in the paint?

my coach would be willis reed.  i'm not sure if he coached, but i would make sure that he famously limped along the sideline.  he isn't allowed to sit, you know, for inspirational purposes

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »

Deron DWill Williams
John Hot Rod Williams
John Hot Plate Williams
Jason White Chocolate Williams
Jayson Murdered-my-Butler Williams

Sixth Man:
Derrick Williams
Seventh Man:
LeBron Legend James

You forgot Jason Crashed-my-Motorbike Williams
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Man, how many Jason Williams's were there?

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 11:50:45 PM »

that's it
Pages: [1]   Go Up