Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: English Premier League 2016/17  (Read 10058 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: English Premier League 2016/17
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »

Have to pick the championship.  That's something they can't take away from you. 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »

Yeah, definitely the title and relegation.

Plus, I kinda like the Championship anyway.  And presumably you would be able to mount a strong challenge for Championship championship, so you could get two titles in three years. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »

would you prefer your team to win the championship against all odds one year, only to be relegated the very next year? Or would you prefer two consecutive seasons in the middle of the pack?
Paging Leicester City Football Club
The question came to me as I was watching the last 60 min. of LC - Man.United game yesterday. LC looks utterly lost, to be honest.

Related poll question: how many more matches do you let Claudio Ranieri manage LC if things keep going the way they have been lately? Ranieri brought the unexpected title, now has LC in the Champions League Final 16, and is FIFA Manager of the Year.

This is a really tough call. My heart says "you can't fire the guy after what he has done", but my head says "give him 3 more games. If by then LC is in the bottom three, you gotta sack him".
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »

No way. If he gets them relegated, maybe you consider it. But I think that guy has a job with LCFC for the next 5 years otherwise.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »

Martin Caceres has signed with SFC through the end of the season.

I know he's been injured a LOT and that's one very legit concern. But otherwise, he's played on Juventus and Barcelona, and he has a boatload of trophies. He's obviously very good if healthy.

But I'm reading implications that he's trouble "off the field." I don't know his history - without looking it up, does anyone know what his issues were/are? Why are some fans reserved about this signing?

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »

He got in a DUI or whatever they call it in Italy.  Crashed his Ferrari.  I don't think his team has ever had any problems with him.

I don't know why fans should be reserved about this signing.  Saints need a Centerback pretty badly.  If Cacares is healthy and can get fit he's way better than Yoshida or Stephens.  If he can't, it's only a half year deal and maybe he can be of some use as a reserve.

I'm excited because Saints have finally signed someone that I signed for Saints in Football manager.  I also tried to sign Giabaddini a bunch of times but could never get him.  I did land him managing Atletico once.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »

Well that's good news because I'm totally excited about it.

I don't know what this will really do for them long term (prevent relegation and win the EFL cup are the only two goals in my mind) but maybe if it works out he'll like it here and sign for another few years? Or tutor some younger guys about his experiences? Do you think he can bang in two goals per game for us, too?

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2017, 08:33:12 PM »

Can't wait to see Gabba Gabba Hey take ManUre down at Wembley. Lu, Jeff and I are flying over for it. I think the price we paid for our tickets means one of us actually sits on the Queen's lap to present Saints with the trophy.
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »

Can't wait to see Gabba Gabba Hey take ManUre down at Wembley. Lu, Jeff and I are flying over for it.

Awesome! I really hope for you guys that Southampton wins. That will be one fantastic sports memory.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »

NICE. Bring home a victory!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2017, 03:29:42 PM »

No way. If he gets them relegated, maybe you consider it. But I think that guy has a job with LCFC for the next 5 years otherwise.

Shows what I know!

Seems disgraceful, but I guess it's complicated and I don't have the faintest clue of what has really happened.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:03 PM »

Shows what I know!

Seems disgraceful, but I guess it's complicated and I don't have the faintest clue of what has really happened.
Football is a cold and hard business. Like I said earlier, my heart said "don't fire him", but my head said "fire him".

Unrelated: glorious night just now for Belgian club football, as all 3 Belgian clubs advance in the Europa League:

Gent eliminates Tottenham at Wembley--funny detail: there were more Belgian players in Spurs starting line-up (3) than in Gent's (2)
Anderlecht eliminates Zenit
Genk eliminates Astra Giurgiu

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »

I think I just realized that there's a Gent and a Genk. Until now I had always been thinking they were the same and that I was just misremembering the spelling.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »

ONSIDE!  ONSIDE!!!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2017, 10:34:51 PM »

That was a heck of a match today between ManU and Southampton.

The score was Gabbiadini 3 - Ibrahimovic 2

But that wasn't the official final score: ManU 3 -Southamptom 2

For the neutral viewer like me, this is what football is all about. Great match all around.

Despite the result, I hope CR & crew had a great experience. Watching a match at Wembley is till on my bucket list.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up