Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The National / Clap Your Hands Say Yeah  (Read 7969 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: The National / Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »

If you just want a regular ticket you have to give them your name, email, phone and zip code.
You then get a email saying "Confirmed: See The National perform in Cincinnati"
But no actual ticket... so I guess you just show up at Washington Park and that'll do it?!?
as long as your submitted your info . . . I'm guessing they'll have a list.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »

I stopped by the Hillary campaign office on Ludlow this afternoon and told them I was registered. I was told I don't need a ticket.

What I gather is that anyone can just show up, whether you have registered or not.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »

I stopped by the Hillary campaign office on Ludlow this afternoon and told them I was registered. I was told I don't need a ticket.

What I gather is that anyone can just show up, whether you have registered or not.

Thanks for looking into it! Now the new trick will be finding out when they go on stage. I plan to see them and The Fruitbats at The Taft that night. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »

Does anyone have any further info as to what time the National will hit the stage?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:14 PM »

Out of the blue, I got a text message this evening from someone at the Clinton campaign. I wish I could just "cut and paste" the screen conversation from my phone but I am technologically "moderately skilled" let's just say. Here it is:

"Hey this is Hannah with Hillary and Ohio Dems. I'm making sure you are still coming to see the National tomorrow. Will you be there?"

ME: "Yes! Do you know what time the National will perform?"

"Program starts at 7 pm"

ME: "Thank you. About what time will it end? I have to work the next morning."

"The band goes on at 7:30 pm. So likely at 9 pm"

ME: "Great! Can't wait to hear them perform "Mrs. November", LOL"

And there you have it. No idea if this person knows what she is talking about, but barring further information from someone else, this is the best we've got.

Not to mention that it'll be another gorgeous day in Cincinnati tomorrow (temps close to 80)

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »

Thank you!  That seems to make sense.  If they play 90 minutes we are in for a treat....was expecting an hour at the most. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 10:43:45 PM »

Pleasantly surprised by the large turn-out for this. I might suspect the picture-perfect weather might have at least something to do with it, I mean it was freaking summer weather conditions, in early November! Plus it was an open door policy (nobody bothered to asked if I was registered for the event, which I was of course). Regardless, always nice to see the National return to their Cincinnati roots.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »

The National's set list from last evening:

1. Don't Swallow the Cap   
2. Bloodbuzz Ohio   
3. Sea of Love 
4. I Need My Girl   
5. This Is the Last Time
6. Pink Rabbits
7. England
8. Fake Empire
9. Mr. November   
10. About Today
11. Terrible Love

Perhaps a bit heavy on "Trouble Will Find Me", but otherwise as one would expect it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up