Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to The Herzog  (Read 362 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Coming to The Herzog
« on: October 19, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »

Or, or if you prefer, "Historic Herzog Studios", located at 811 Race Street (CityBeat is also headquartered in the building).  On Friday November  11, 2016, there will be the 65th anniversary of "Train Kept A-Rollin' ", featuring Olivia Jean (from The Black Belles), locals All-Seeing Eyes, Amplified Heat (Austin, TX) and a "special appearance" by King Records drummer Philip Paul.

It's also All-Seeing Eyes' "45 RPM release party". Tickets are $10.00 ($20.00 if you want the 45--I pass), and available at www.cincyticket.com or at Shake It.

The ad in the current CityBeat seemingly lists Olivia Jean as the headliner (all other performers are pictured beneath her), which is the only way I'll attend. I don't care for A-SE, and from the descriptions I've read, Amplified Heat are a lot like them.  The ad doesn't contain the date or ticket prices (rather bad omissions), so I had to hunt for them.  I would like to see the former studio space.  I don't know if any future gigs are planned for the place.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:55:19 PM by Drjohnrock »
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Coming to The Herzog
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »

I went ahead and ordered my ticket.  Ten bucks is very reasonable whether or not Olivia Jean headlines.  In any event, I doubt she is traveling to this gig to just play for 30 minutes.

I'm old enough to remember when $10.00 would have been considered a bit pricy, especially for a club show.  Time flies at the speed of light...
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up