Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Movies in 2017  (Read 14553 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: 50 Movies in 2017
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »

Rose McIver (iZombie) deserved better.

No she didn't. She knew what she was getting into.  How could she not?  "A Christmas Prince" directed by Alex Zamm tells you all you ever need to know about this movie.  I say all this without having seen more than the trailer:  I'm 100% sure that McIver is both thoughtful and spunky, that her initial meeting with the prince involves one or both of them being incognito and getting into a fight/misunderstanding, they then fall in love while hiding and/or fighting their feelings, at some point someone with a disability will help her because gay or minority is too politically edgy and they've already played the "they're not what they seem" card with the Prince so that rules out the nerd, kind old lady, sassy kid, and that it ends with a marriage.

Meryl Streep couldn't make this movie or the protagonist anything other than what it was.  Plus I mean, look at Rose McIver.  When you look like Rose McIver and someone pitches you this role, you know they're not looking for a dark edge.  She's perfect for it, and I'm sure she played it just how they asked and that movie was enjoyed by many 13 year old girls.

She did it for the money.  Nothing wrong with that.  I woulda done the same thing.  She's got maybe 2 years left max of tween appeal before she has to start doing indie flicks going against type for no money.  So cash in while you can.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »

Me: Whoa! ZK is posting in the movie thread.

Also Me: Of course it's about A CHRISTMAS PRINCE.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »

Didn't Netflix share that someone watched A Christmas Prince like 35 times in 30 days? I think we now know who it was... ;)
And you're right- McIver does have to cash in while she can, and I don't blame her for it at all. I just wish she'd had a better script! And a better prince. This one was so bland that I forgot who he was when he wasn't on screen.

This year was my first foray into the Christmas genre. I am not coming back for seconds in 2018! (Other than Christmas in Connecticut, because I watched that on January 1, and it was made in 1945 and actually pretty good)

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2018, 09:07:44 PM »

For anyone interested, here a link to my Best 20 movies of 2017 (... and those "bubbling under")

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls021559639/

IMDb changed its formatting this year, and wouldn't allow me to make personal comments to each of the movies (although you can of course find my full reviews within the movie listings themselves)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up