Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Movies in 2017  (Read 3242 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
Re: 50 Movies in 2017
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »

1. The Lobster - 6
2. Manchester by the Sea - 9
3. St. Vincent - 7
4. American Ultra - 6
5. It Follows - 6
6. The Neon Demon - 6
7. The Founder - 6
8. Bad Moms - 7
9. I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House - 3
10. Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills - 5
11. The Wolfpack - 5
12. Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of The National Lampoon - 8
13. Split - 6
14. Brother's Keeper - 9
15. National Lampoon's Animal House
16. Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me - 9
17. Sun Choke - 8
18. Holy Hell - 7
19. 10 Cloverfield Lane - 7
20. 13th - 8
21. "Manos": The Hands of Fate - MST3K on Netflix
22. Beauty and the Beast (2017) - 5
23. Tower - 8
24. The Discovery - 3
25. The Seven Five - 8
26. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 7
27. Oklahoma City - 7
28. Night Will Fall - n/a
29. Spotlight - 6

30. GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling - 7

Figured I would brush up on this before the fictionalized account hits Netflix next month in comedy format.  It did not disappoint.  Even builds to a nice, emotional climax... the only two ladies I really remember from GLOW were the nice and angry Giant Ladies.  One was named Mt. Fiji, the other I remembered as Queen Kong, but was referred to as "Matilda the Hun" in the documentary. 

They don't really get into the story of it at all, as there were multiple seasons with a rotating cast which is not really discussed at all, and the reason why it stopped is basically glossed over.  But revisiting the spirit of it, and to see how many of the ladies actually loved it as opposed to felt exploited by it was fairly surprising.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »

Movies seen in 2017 (new movies in bold):
1. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
2. Assassin's Creed

3. Die Another Day
4. X-Men: Apocalypse
5. Star Trek Beyond
6. Hidden Figures

7. We Bought A Zoo
8. The American President
9. The 'Burbs
10. Suicide Squad
11. Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children
12. Ella Enchanted
13. Hell Or High Water

14. Airplane!
15. Pete's Dragon
16. The Nice Guys

17. M*A*S*H
18. Money Monster
19. Race
20. Logan
21. Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman
22. The Running Man

23. Major League
24. Spring Breakers
25. The Fate of the Furious
26. Jason Bourne

27. The Last Witch Hunter
28. Tombstone
29. Weiner
30. The Karate Kid (1984)
31. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Did pretty much what you expect a standard Marvel movie to do these days. It was good enough, with laughs, and other fun sequences.

Actually, I like this movie because it's so far into the science fiction world that we rarely get movies that go there anymore. Like, in Star Wars or Star Trek, these are space operas that are based on a few "suspensions of disbelief" which allow the fictional universe to happen ... and then the rest of the story is grounded in reality. In Guardians of the Galaxy they really throw you into a bizarre outer space world and don't even bother explaining it to you. Physics? Not important. Science in general? What is that? It's different than most movies these days in that one regard.

However...Butter's review is otherwise spot on. Another superhero with daddy issues, so it blends in with the genre. It is fine and I enjoy it but I can't get excited about it anymore. Superhero overload, you know?

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »

1. HAIL, CAESAR - 01/01/17 - cable - I really liked this one, especially since I still had LA LA LAND in my head. I like when Hollywood turns the lens on itself, especially if it's pointed directly at its golden age.
2. MIDNIGHT SPECIAL - 01/01/17 - cable - It is really hard to take your eye off of Michael Shannon when he is on screen. Homedude is magnetic.
3. LOVE THE COOPERS - 01/03/17 - cable - This was just nonsense. But, I liked a couple of things about it, but not enough to recommend it. It definitely won't become a must-watch Christmas movie.
4. EDDIE THE EAGLE - 01/02/17 - cable - I always love a good OLYMPIC DREAM movie. I even love the bad ones. (I'm looking at you, Mitch Gaylord.)
5. MISS SHARON JONES! - 01/07/17 - Netflix - Bittersweet to watch this now, but it was good to spend some time with Miss Jones.
6. BRIGHT LIGHTS: STARRING CARRIE FISHER AND DEBBIE REYNOLDS - 01/08/17 - HBO - Also bittersweet but lovely.
7. TRUTH AND LIES: THE MENENDEZ BROTHERS - 01/08/17 - NBC - Apparently I was on a documentary/real life kick last weekend. I had forgotten a lot of things about this case. I don't think I ever knew about Lyle wearing a hairpiece.
8. HIDDEN FIGURES - 01/17/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious - A feel good time at the movie theatre, especially with a packed house (ON A TUESDAY NIGHT!). Great cast and a story that definitely needed to be told. The movie that STEM has needed for a long time. It even got me excited about Math(s) - AND I HATE MATH!
9. KILL BILL VOL. 1 - 01/22/17 - STARZ w/The Greg - repeat viewing - That bamboo water fountain gets me every time. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
10. KILL BILL VOL. 2 - 01/23/17 - STARZ w/The Greg - repeat viewing - Elle's reaction to being coated in Bud's dip cup slime is priceless.
11. NORMAN LEAR: JUST ANOTHER VERSION OF YOU - 01/21/17 - Netflix - I could watch a whole documentary just about his family.
12. THE NEW EDITION STORY (Parts I, II, and III) - 01/28/17 - BET - I am a huge fan of the group and loved this mini-series. However, it was obviously filmed with no thought given to commercial breaks. They were always abrupt and annoying. Great casting. Loved the way they had the music re-recorded by the new cast and sort of blended with the original recordings.
13. CAROL - 01/28/17 - dvd from library - And now for something completely different...
14. LION - 01/29/17 - Tara Cinema with Amanda - I definitely cried my eyes out again and again during both halves of this movie. Wonderful performances. (DEV PATEL CAN GET IT.)
15. MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2 - 02/03/17 - dvd from library with Tori - A few laugh out loud moments, but not necessary viewing.
16. TRUMBO - 02/04/17 - dvd from library - A story worth telling. Needed more Diane Lane.
17. DOCTOR STRANGE - 02/12/17 - cheapy theatre - I think I liked 15% of this movie (anything with Chiwetel Ejiofor). Doctor Strange is a dick.
18. A HARD DAY'S NIGHT - 02/18/17 - TCM - repeat viewing - I hadn't seen it in quite a while. But, I used to watch it nearly weekly when I was in middle school/high school. It was like spending time with a group of old friends. The next time we get a new pet, I want a Richard Starkey. George has always been my favorite. But, I fell in love with Ringo during this viewing.
19. JOHN WICK 2 - 02/19/17 - AMC AVENUE FORSYTH w/The Greg - Couldn't hold a candle to the first one. But, I still enjoyed sections of it (HELLO, COMMON!). The aesthetic was different and not so much to my liking, the plot annoyed me, and I've already seen a much better action movie have a much better battle sequence in a house of mirrors.
20. MANCHESTER BY THE SEA - 02/24/17 - Redbox DVD - The performances from Casey Affleck and the young kid are a helluva thing in this movie. That story is a real heartbreaker.
21. SPA NIGHT - 02/27/17 - Netflix - I wanted to check out one of the Spirit Award winners and was delighted to see that this was on NETFLIX. I liked it for the glimpse into the main character's life. His stress and struggles were INTENSE. But, if you like to have those sorts of things sorted out before the movie ends, I wouldn't recommend this one.
22. GET OUT - 03/05/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious - I don't like scary movies. But, this was definitely more in line with being a "social thriller" and I can handle that.
23. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE - 03/10/17 - TCM - Again, I don't like scary movies. So, I had always avoided this one. But, it's also more of a thriller than horror and I loved it.
24. VICTOR VICTORIA - 03/11/17 - TCM - repeat viewing - Robert Preston's performance is so wonderful in this movie. So much going on, but almost all of it is fantastic.
25. CRISTELA ALONZO: LOWER CLASSY - 03/09/17 - Netflix - I enjoyed her TV show. Her comedy special was just OK.
26. NEAL BRENNAN: 3 MICS - 03/14/17 - Netflix - I thought this was a great idea for a comedy special and he nails all 3 parts/mics.
27. THE HONEYMOON KILLERS - 03/26/17 - TCM - Criterion Collection on TCM in the wee small hours
28. SING - 04/02/17 - Picture Show Marietta - It was cute and fine. A little long. I was most blown away by Taron Egerton. I didn't know he had those pipes.
29. GOING IN STYLE - 04/07/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/my mom - The perfect movie to see at a matinee with my mom. Better than I thought it would be, but still tropey. But, I didn't hate it. I like bank heist movies.
30. HOT PURSUIT - 04/07/17 - Amazong Prime - The WORST movie that I have seen in a loooooooooooooong time. Reese Witherspoon was terrible. TEEEEEEEEEEERRIBLE. Sofia wasn't so awful. But, it's just a horrible movie. How could someone who grew up her whole life in Texas not know what a drawing of a longhorn looks like?
31. 20TH CENTURY WOMEN - 04/08/17 - Redbox - Wonderful performances all around. Great music.
32. NOCTURNAL ANIMALS - 04/09/17 - Redbox- This one sucked me in but my mom did NOT care for it. The main action scene of the movie was straight-up terrifying.
33. EVERYBODY WANTS SOME! - 04/29/17 - Amazon Prime - repeat viewing (w/Aimz during her visit)
34. SAUSAGE PARTY - 05/04/17 - Netflix - I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a bagel as I did before seeing this movie.
35. STRIKE A POSE - 05/12/17 - Netflix - This is a documentary about the 7 main dancers from Madonna's BLOND AMBITION tour (who were heavily featured in the TRUTH OR DARE movie). I think I watched TRUTH OR DARE about a billion times in junior high and high school. These guys felt like friends, or at least like the cool kids who I wished I could be around. I knew them ALL by name. It was so great to see all of them again. Seeing that they all still dance seriously made me cry as did hearing their journeys over the last 25 years.
36. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 - 05/15/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious, The Greg, and Victor - You get a daddy issue! And YOU get a daddy issue! And YOU get a couple of daddy issues! I think va_vacious laughed louder and more often than anyone in the theatre. The jokes were corny and in our wheelhouse. Good stuff. Hilarious cameo.  I'd probably find a way to shave off about 15-20 minutes from the running time. Also, I LOVE YOU, KURT RUSSELL.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2017, 10:28:38 AM »

I have to agree with some of what Dan says about GotG2.  It is fun to just be able to sit back and enjoy the crazy non-sense going on and not worry about ties to reality.  As I said at the time I really felt that the premise of Captain America: Civil War was just bonkers stupid.  I don't go to superhero movies to think about politics.  I go to superhero movies to see New York get destroyed by aliens and for the aliens to get crushed by the good guys, not to agonize about how reckless they're being, or about their group dynamics in any serious way.

Also, I enjoyed it at first, but the endless web of the other MCU movies is beginning to wear on me.  Having to be able to keep up with how every movie and TV show affects every other movie and TV show kinda feels like work at this point.  It's fun to a point, but now I feel like I need Cliff's notes to know why this person is mad at that person, or where this or that villain came from and why they hate so-and-so.

But I disagree with Dan on one point, I'm not getting tired or bored of superheroes.  They're still fun, and I look forward to all of them.  It is an event for us to go out to a Marvel movie, it's practically the only time we'll get a sitter specifically to go out.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:03 AM »

36. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 - 05/15/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious, The Greg, and Victor -  I'd probably find a way to shave off about 15-20 minutes from the running time. Also, I LOVE YOU, KURT RUSSELL.

The whole sequence with Groot bringing back the wrong stuff is an easy cut.  The whole Drax and bug woman patter is another easy cut.  Kurt Russell was a lot of fun.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

36. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 - 05/15/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious, The Greg, and Victor -  I'd probably find a way to shave off about 15-20 minutes from the running time. Also, I LOVE YOU, KURT RUSSELL.

The whole sequence with Groot bringing back the wrong stuff is an easy cut.  The whole Drax and bug woman patter is another easy cut.  Kurt Russell was a lot of fun.
YOU.CAN'T.CUT.GROOT.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »

Agreed, that scene with Groot was too much fun to cut. 
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »

1. North By Northwest (1959 - TCM)
2. Office Rules (1999 - Comedy Channel)
3. Vertigo (1958 - TCM)
4. Lion (AMC Merchant Crossing, Ft Myers, FL)
5. Inside Daisy Clover (1965 - TCM)
6. Fences (AMC Merchant Crossing, FT. Myers, FL)
7. East of Eden (1955 - TCM)
8. By Sydney Lumet (PBS)
9. Heaven Can Wait (1978 - TCM)
10. Annie Hall (1977 - TCM)
11. Why Him? (AMC Merchant Crossing, FT. Myers, FL)
12. The Breakup (Comedy Channel)
13. Hidden Figures (AMC Merchant Crossing, Ft. Myers, FL)
14. Live By Night (Esquire Theatre)
15. Patriots Day (Cinemark Oakley)
16. Things to Come (Esquire Theater)
17. Silence (AMC Newport on the Levee)
18. 20th Century Women (Mariemont Theater)
19. Paterson (Esquire Theater)
20. The Founder (Esquire Theater)
21. This Was the XFL (ESPN 30 for 30)
22. Julieta (Esquire Theater)
23. Sausage Party (DVD)
24. Memoria (DVD)
25. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (DVD)
26. Fever at Dawn (Jewish & Israeli Film Festival @ Mariemont Theater)
27. Oklahoma City (PBS)
28. Born to Be Blue (DVD)
29. The Last Mentsch (Jewish & Israeli Film Festival @ Mariemont Theater)
30. The Salesman (Esquire Theater)
31. John Wick 2 (Cinemark Oakley)
32. The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956 - TCM)
33. I Am Not Your Negro (Esquire Theater)
34. Britney Ever After (Lifetime Channel)
35. A Cure for Wellness (AMC Newport on the Levee)
36. Time to Say Goodbye (Jewish & Israeli Film Festival @ Mariemont Theater)
37. A.K.A. Nadia (Jewish & Israeli Film Festival @ Esquire Theater)
38. Toni Erdmann (Mariemont Theater)
39. Neruda (Esquire Theater)
40. Kedi (Esquire Theater)
41. Table 19 (AMC West Chester)
42. Mediterranea (DVD)
43. Kong: Skull Island (Cinemark Oakley)
44. My Life As A Zucchini (Mariemont Theater)
45. Land of Mine (Regal Belltower Stadium, Ft. Myers, FL)
46. Get Out (Cinemark Oakley)
47. Donald Cried (Esquire Theater)
48. The Red Turtle (AMC Newport on the Levee)
49. T2 Trainspotting (Esquire Theater)
50. Song to Song (Esquire Theater)
51. The Last Word (Mariemont Theater)
52. Life (AMC Newport on the Levee)
53. Personal Shopper (Esquire Theater)
54. Fracture (HBO)
55. The Zookeeper's Wife (Esquire Theater)
56. The Belko Experiment (AMC Newport on the Levee)
57. Anesthesia (Starsz)
58. The Devotion of Suspect X (AMC Newport on the Levee)
59. CHiP (AMC Newport on the Levee)
60. Queen of the Desert (AMC Newport on the Levee)
61. Star Wars - The Force Awakens (Starsz)
62. Raw (Esquire Theater)
63. Frantz (Regal Belltower Stadium, Ft. Myers, FL)
64. Tommy's Honour (Regal Belltower Stadium, Ft. Myers, FL)
65. The Lost City of Z (Regal Belltower Stadium, Ft. Myers, FL)
66. Free Fire (Regal Belltower Stadium, Ft. Myers, FL)
Catching up on the last 3 1/2 weeks (movies seen in the theater in bold)

67. Colossal (AMN Newport on the Levee)
68. Their Finest (Esquire Theater)
69. Dirty Grandpa (Epix)
70. Truman (Esquire Theater)
71. Graduation (Mariemont Theater)
72. Sleight (AMC Newport on the Levee)
73. The Wall (Esquire Theater)
74. Terminator: Genesys (Epix)
75. God Knows I'm Here (Esquire Theater)
76. Dressed to Kill (Showtime)
77. Sicario (Epix)

Truman is an outstanding Spanish film about two lifelong buddies reconnecting when one guy is terminally ill. Check it out!

Graduation is another top-notch film from the Romanian director who made the abortion drama  4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days some years ago. This latest one is about a guy whose 17 yr. old HS senior has the chance to go to college in England (and hence escape Romania). All she needs to do is pass her final exams with a high enough score... Simple premise, but watch the drama unfold. Must see!

Sleight is a pleasant surprise: a drug drama with a twist (i.e. magic and tricks).

God Knows I'm Here is a devastating documentary about a woman battling schizophrenia. I'm biting my tongue here, mustn't reveal more! If you like documentaries, you will love this. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

A few months ago, I switched my TV service from DirecTV to Time Warner/Spectrum (for less money yet many more channels), and with it came all the premium channels one can imagine (which I've never had before): HBO, SHO, Epix, Starz, etc. When surfing the channels, I see all these movies listed, and I've watched a few here and there. But here is what I've concluded: if I was really interested in a particular movie, I probably would've seen it in the theater. Other movies (good example: Dirty Grandpa): there was a reason I didn't see it in the theater, and seeing it now probably isn't worth my time. So the only movies I do end up gravitating to are most likely movies I've seen before and just enjoy. Finding an old classic (like Brian de Palma's 1980 movie Dressed to Kill) is the best part of all. (I hadn't seen Dressed to Kill in DECADES. Was surprised how much nudity there was in it. Angie Dickinson looks about 10-15 years younger than she really was at that time.)   
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »

1. The Lobster - 6
2. Manchester by the Sea - 9
3. St. Vincent - 7
4. American Ultra - 6
5. It Follows - 6
6. The Neon Demon - 6
7. The Founder - 6
8. Bad Moms - 7
9. I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House - 3
10. Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills - 5
11. The Wolfpack - 5
12. Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of The National Lampoon - 8
13. Split - 6
14. Brother's Keeper - 9
15. National Lampoon's Animal House
16. Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me - 9
17. Sun Choke - 8
18. Holy Hell - 7
19. 10 Cloverfield Lane - 7
20. 13th - 8
21. "Manos": The Hands of Fate - MST3K on Netflix
22. Beauty and the Beast (2017) - 5
23. Tower - 8
24. The Discovery - 3
25. The Seven Five - 8
26. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 7
27. Oklahoma City - 7
28. Night Will Fall - n/a
29. Spotlight - 6
30. GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling - 7

31. Christine (2016) - 9

Demands to be seen just for Rebecca Hall's amazing portrayal of a woman obviously struggling with mental illness, but not in an outward or obvious way to those around her.  She seems to be getting by in the real world, but the real world is beating her down.  Her scenes with the station manager (played almost as well by a completely unsympathetic Tracy Letts) are confrontational and gripping and bring home the world of sexism in the 70's.  Not to mention changing attitudes about news in an era where some people really did feel like local news should be about a local lady raising chickens.  And just when it seems she's getting somewhere with the object of her affection despite her own self-sabotage, maybe things are not as they seem...

Her scenes with her mom suggest some past incidence of trouble, but never gets into specifics or dramatizes those past events, which is to the film's benefit.  There are hints dropped here and there as to why Christine is struggling so much, but it seems to be maybe getting better before it gets worse... and it makes the conclusion shocking, instead of foregone (which it is if you are familiar with the real life story).  Hall in turn makes her sympathetic, then scary, then inscrutable.  I can't imagine someone else doing a better job with material of this nature.  It's a shame she didn't get an Oscar nomination for this, as it was probably the best acting from last year that I have yet seen.

Film suffers just a bit from being overlong and likely takes a couple of narrative shortcuts vs. what we know happened in Christine's actual life.  But that doesn't make it any less powerful and sad.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

31. Christine (2016) - 9

Demands to be seen just for Rebecca Hall's amazing portrayal of a woman obviously struggling with mental illness, but not in an outward or obvious way to those around her.  She seems to be getting by in the real world, but the real world is beating her down.  Her scenes with the station manager (played almost as well by a completely unsympathetic Tracy Letts) are confrontational and gripping and bring home the world of sexism in the 70's.  Not to mention changing attitudes about news in an era where some people really did feel like local news should be about a local lady raising chickens.  And just when it seems she's getting somewhere with the object of her affection despite her own self-sabotage, maybe things are not as they seem...

Her scenes with her mom suggest some past incidence of trouble, but never gets into specifics or dramatizes those past events, which is to the film's benefit.  There are hints dropped here and there as to why Christine is struggling so much, but it seems to be maybe getting better before it gets worse... and it makes the conclusion shocking, instead of foregone (which it is if you are familiar with the real life story).  Hall in turn makes her sympathetic, then scary, then inscrutable.  I can't imagine someone else doing a better job with material of this nature.  It's a shame she didn't get an Oscar nomination for this, as it was probably the best acting from last year that I have yet seen.

Film suffers just a bit from being overlong and likely takes a couple of narrative shortcuts vs. what we know happened in Christine's actual life.  But that doesn't make it any less powerful and sad.

Love her. How did you watch this? Netflix? DVD rental?

Butter

• City Elder
  • No, THIS is 41.
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »

Love her. How did you watch this? Netflix? DVD rental?

Was just added to Netflix streaming last week.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »

36. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 - 05/15/17 - AMC Pkwy Pointe w/va_vacious, The Greg, and Victor - You get a daddy issue! And YOU get a daddy issue! And YOU get a couple of daddy issues! I think va_vacious laughed louder and more often than anyone in the theatre. The jokes were corny and in our wheelhouse. Good stuff. Hilarious cameo.  I'd probably find a way to shave off about 15-20 minutes from the running time. Also, I LOVE YOU, KURT RUSSELL.

It hit just the right note for me, for some reason. I liked it better than the first one, actually, daddy issues aside.
And I thought Groot was used just enough- he's adorable, but that could become annoying super quick, so he's a nice special addition.
I have no shame for my laughter!

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »

31. Christine (2016) - 9

And just when it seems she's getting somewhere with the object of her affection despite her own self-sabotage, maybe things are not as they seem...

Spoiler, she becomes a '58 Plymouth Fury.

Back from hiatus.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2017, 08:46:53 AM »

It hit just the right note for me, for some reason. I liked it better than the first one, actually, daddy issues aside.
And I thought Groot was used just enough- he's adorable, but that could become annoying super quick, so he's a nice special addition.
I have no shame for my laughter!
I meant to say "va_vacious and I". DUH. We laughed at everything together! :)

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »

31. Christine (2016) - 9

And just when it seems she's getting somewhere with the object of her affection despite her own self-sabotage, maybe things are not as they seem...

Spoiler, she becomes a '58 Plymouth Fury.

That was my first thought. "Jeez, they remade that, too!?!?!?!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up