Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 New Restaurants in 2017  (Read 412 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: 25 New Restaurants in 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »

7. Bauer - Downtown Cincinnati
Good food - I am not sure I'd go back though. Not because of the small portions or prices, but because I really HATED the decor. It was like 70s hunting lodge chic and just horrible (at least to me). I kept expecting to see hairy chested men with gold chains and satin shirts everywhere. Ugh. Not my scene at all.
I am going to Bauer in a couple weeks with friends and now I know how i'm going to dress.  I also looked at the menu and I wasn't impressed but it wasn't my choice this month.

Heh. Don't forget the tight polyester flairs.

BTW, something I forgot to mention is that most of the food we ordered came in the weirdest assortment of dishes. Or rather anti-dishes. The salad came in a huge stainless steel bowl - like the type they are mixed in - that was nearly impossible to eat from (at least without getting it everywhere), the steaks were on pieces of slate, the sausages were in large LeCruset pots, etc. Only the roasted cauliflower came plated on an actual piece of crockery.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
Re: 25 New Restaurants in 2017
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »

Bottle & Basket, Over the Rhine.

My lawyer buddy and I had lunch "at" Bottle & Basket. When I say "at", I don't mean we ate lunch inside. Technically you can eat inside (there are a few bar stools near the window), but the place really isn't conducive for it. It's essentially a take-out place and also does a lot of catering apparently. This is from the same ownership that also runs Melt, Japp's, Neon's and Myrtle's.

My buddy went for the roasted vegetable press Panini sandwich ($7), with a side order of vegetable chili ($4) to boot. The sandwich is served in 2 parts: the basic sandwich, and then in a separate carton cup a bunch of vegetables (red peppers, zucchini, yellow squash) for you to eat as you desire (on the sandwich or separately). He loved it.

I went for the Captain Cobb salad ($12), which is a very generous serving of spring mix and chopped romaine, with bacon, chicken, blue cheese, tomato, egg salad, and a few other things I don't remember. It was delicious and fresh.

The place is stocked with tons of wine bottles, and if it weren't a work day, I'd be tempted to follow the advice to "bottle and basket".

We walked half a block to Washington Park, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Didn't know this, but there are now small lunch tables with chairs set up on (if you wish to be out of the sun) and near (if you want to be in the sun) Washington Park's main stage.

In all, a delightful lunch, and we were sorry to have to go back to the office..
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up