Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 New Restaurants in 2017  (Read 1110 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: 25 New Restaurants in 2017
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

it'll be awhile before i go to the new melt.  my buddy said that not only are the portions smaller but you no longer get a side.  but at least it's more expensive.  a bold strategy that just might pay off. 
 django's also moving.  in the old ko sho space.  probably a rent issue.  cuz the last location was prime real estate.  pogo seems to be making progress on his latest venture.  i've seen him pretty active lately
the portions at the new Melt are not smaller, at least from what we ordered today. In fact they may be bigger (hence the additional $1).

As to Django's, yes it was in a prime spot (across the street from the new Melt). Had lunch there a number of times, and loved it, and what a great view it offered! So I'm not surprised they've been pushed out...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »

pogo seems to be making progress on his latest venture.  i've seen him pretty active lately

Yeah, he's not got an opening date yet but he's making good progress.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dizzy

• Summer Resident
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »

Dizzy I'm noticing a pattern in your food genre choices.
Not really a long term pattern. Both places were last minute "we should go out to eat tonight" and that is where we ended up. So how about another place?

Southern - St Louis  I was visiting a friend in the St Louis area and I finally made it to this restaurant. My next door neighbor here in Cincy grew up with the chef so he has been recommending it for a awhile. I had a catfish sandwich and two pieces of Nashville chicken, mild and dark meat. It is worth a visit if you are out that way. It is located next to Pappy's BBQ and I have heard that is good stuff but I'm not waiting in a line to eat, to many memories from boot camp. 

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »

1. Mitas - Downtown Cincinnati
2. The Greyhound Inn - Corfe Castle, Dorset, England
3. Moore Spice Indian Restaurant - Wembley, London, England
4. Saffron Indian Cuisine - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
5. Coffee#1 - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
6. The Home Tavern - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
7. Bauer - Downtown Cincinnati
8. Epicurean Mercantile Co. - OTR, Cincinnati
9. Railstop Gastropub - Alexandria, VA
10. TJ Stones - Alexandria, VA
11. Extra Perks Cafe - Alexandria, VA
12. Daniel O'Connell's Irish Restaurant and Bar - Alexandria, VA
13. Asian Bistro - Alexandria, VA
14. Don Taco Tequila Bar - Alexandria, VA
15. Dolci Gelati - Alexandria, VA
16. Pavilion Cafe - Washington DC
17. Terrace Cafe - Washington DC
18. Tony Cheng - Chinatown, Washington DC
19. Butcher & Barrel - Downtown Cincinnati
20. The Bay Horse Cafe - Downtown Cincinnati

21. Spoon & Cellar - Downtown Cincinnati

Tucked away on Broadway right by the I-71 ramp at Seventh St., this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Yeah, it's a hotel restaurant, but then so is Orchids. And Metropole. Not that I'm equating S&C with either of those, but it's much swankier than you'd think, given it's inside the Holiday Inn.

The menu isn't huge, but it's got a nice selection of meat and seafood dishes, as well as vegetarian and even a vegan option. Their wine list was quite impressive, too.

We were surprised that they offer happy hour seven days per week, and based on our experience we will certainly hit it up again for cheap drinks. During HH, their house wines and craft pints are $5 per glass (and the wines are generous pours).

I got an apple and goat cheese salad as my main with a glass of Clean Slate Riesling. CR chose the cod sandwich with shoestring fries. It was a very big, flaky and flavorful piece of fish, according to him.

The restaurant is well appointed and tasteful, even if the view isn't much (hello, highway ramp). The bar is massive and very well stocked. Service was friendly, personable and on the mark.

We were prepared for a "meh" experience (based solely on the fact that whenever we've been by it's been nearly empty) but wow, we were so wrong. Very nice indeedy.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »

1. Mitas - Downtown Cincinnati
2. The Greyhound Inn - Corfe Castle, Dorset, England
3. Moore Spice Indian Restaurant - Wembley, London, England
4. Saffron Indian Cuisine - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
5. Coffee#1 - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
6. The Home Tavern - Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
7. Bauer - Downtown Cincinnati
8. Epicurean Mercantile Co. - OTR, Cincinnati
9. Railstop Gastropub - Alexandria, VA
10. TJ Stones - Alexandria, VA
11. Extra Perks Cafe - Alexandria, VA
12. Daniel O'Connell's Irish Restaurant and Bar - Alexandria, VA
13. Asian Bistro - Alexandria, VA
14. Don Taco Tequila Bar - Alexandria, VA
15. Dolci Gelati - Alexandria, VA
16. Pavilion Cafe - Washington DC
17. Terrace Cafe - Washington DC
18. Tony Cheng - Chinatown, Washington DC
19. Butcher & Barrel - Downtown Cincinnati
20. The Bay Horse Cafe - Downtown Cincinnati
21. Spoon & Cellar - Downtown Cincinnati

22. Wild Eggs - Downtown Cincinnati

New breakfast/lunch/brunch place inside Great American Insurance building (entrance on Fourth St). It's similar to First Watch but seems to have healthier fare and better vegetarian options. Me likey.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 11:19:32 AM »

trying to find a coffee shop en route to cincinnati nature center the other day and found luckman's coffee roasters.  they have two beechmont ish locations, and for some reason.... near mt st helens.  how awesome is that? 
poach eggs, not elephants

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 11:46:57 PM »

there's a holtman's donuts in goshen township apparently.  i made the woman manning the counter feel bad by telling her that my child wasn't a boy.  not sure why that upsets people.  it annoys me so i guess we're even world. 

i've never had a donut from a holtman's.  i assume this is the same family.  certainly nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either.  my wife says that the otr location is probably different.  i can only imagine it is.  i'm always tempted by cheap coffee, but i abstained.  a decision i knew i would regret

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 10:46:59 AM »

tacos el joven- south fairmount.  food truck next to a mercado (i think).  some of my wife's hispanic patients mentioned this place.  we wanted to eat there under the shelter, but it was pretty cold.  we waited until we got home, which meant we got to drive under the western hills viaduct (my favorite part of cincinnati).  well, where we ate didn't matter really as we'd have to go the same way home.  anyway, we got a tacos el pastor and a quesadilla made with pumpkin flour and filled with mushrooms and veggies.  it was all very good though i think the little one got sick from it.  can't wait to go back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up