Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury Music Fest 2017  (Read 435 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Bunbury Music Fest 2017
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »

Woodward Theatre is hosting the official "Festival Lineup Announce Party" on Tuesday, Jan. 24 from 6-8. It's free and open to the public.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Bunbury Music Fest 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:05:24 PM »

Reverend Horton Heat is playing on Sunday 6/4/2017, per both pollstar and RHH website.  I love how RHH doesn't respect Promowest's childish "hive hints" guessing game and just lists his appearance.  They should just announce the lineup without all of the other nonsense.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:24 PM »

It's all about getting "hits" and "clicks", DrJohn, so I doubt they'll stop doing the "hivehints"...

I may stop by at the Woodward, maybe try and score some free tix, because they'll have some prizes to give away, right MK?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:56:52 PM »

There are prizes but I don't know what sort.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »

I'm mostly interested in the Shins and DCFC, if I decide to go. Haven't bought tix yet (which just went up to $179 plus Ticketbastard charges).

I must admit, many of the underscore bands don't ring a bell with me. I must be out of it, I suppose.

*edited* Did a quick sample of some of those names. Seems like a lot of rap/hip-hop/EDM names on there, not to mention also in the top names... <sigh> I dunno... Doesn't seem like my thing. I may just wait for the daily schedule and see if one of the days stands out to me. Maybe I'm just getting too damn old for this, LOL
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:52:21 PM by euro60 »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:36 PM »

I'm mostly interested in the Shins and DCFC, if I decide to go. Haven't bought tix yet (which just went up to $179 plus Ticketbastard charges).

I must admit, many of the underscore bands don't ring a bell with me. I must be out of it, I suppose.

*edited* Did a quick sample of some of those names. Seems like a lot of rap/hip-hop/EDM names on there, not to mention also in the top names... <sigh> I dunno... Doesn't seem like my thing. I may just wait for the daily schedule and see if one of the days stands out to me. Maybe I'm just getting too damn old for this, LOL
I agree, but check out Dreamers, July Talk, San Fermin, Arkells & White Reaper. I'm not saying that they should make you go. Just check them out. July Talk is playing MOTR soon.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the tips TayFo, but that's 4 bands (in addition to the other bands I mentioned earlier). Can't really justify buying a 3 days pass for that.

I'm just gonna wait for the daily schedule and if one day jumps out at me, I'll just do that.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »

This pretty much solidifies my writing off of Bunbury. Out of 42 bands there are 4 I would interested in seeing, but none of them enough that I want to watch them from 100 yards away. And the fact there are only 42 bands over 3 days shows how far this it has fallen. To compare, the first year there were 30 bands per day (and that isn't counting the silly DJ sets they had that year). Now they want me to pay twice as much for it.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:32 PM »

This pretty much solidifies my writing off of Bunbury. Out of 42 bands there are 4 I would interested in seeing, but none of them enough that I want to watch them from 100 yards away. And the fact there are only 42 bands over 3 days shows how far this it has fallen. To compare, the first year there were 30 bands per day (and that isn't counting the silly DJ sets they had that year). Now they want me to pay twice as much for it.

+1
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »

The Enquirer's write-up about it was titled "Bunbury caters to the millenials". That may well be true. Let's face it, none of us here is a millenial.

I know we're all disappointed with how the festival has evolved in the last 2-3 years, but PromoWest doesn't care about us and certainly doesn't cater to us.

Anyway, I'll wait for the daily schedule and if one day jumps out at me, I'll probably go...

And if not, it was a nice 5 year run. Time to move on.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »

Sunday seems to be stacked this year.
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 05:24:06 PM »

Sunday seems to be stacked this year.
Sunday does seem to be the day.
In no particular order of enthusiasm:
6-02 Death Cab For Cutie / The Shins / Civil Twilight / July Talk / The Upset Victory Bunbury
6-03 Bassnectar / Pretty Lights / VHS Collection / San Fermin - Bunbury
6-04 Muse / The 1975 / 30 Seconds To Mars / Flogging Molly / AFI / Reverend Horton Heat / Dreamers / White Reaper Bunbury

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »

Sunday does seem to be the day.

No day seems to be the day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up