Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows 2017  (Read 848 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
New TV Shows 2017
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »

I binge-watched all six episodes of CRAZYHEAD on Netflix in one night (after hearing Glen Weldon's recommendation on the PCHH podcast) and loved it.

TRIGGER WARNING - it looks like it might feature SCARY CLOWNS based on the first 1 minute of the show, but it does NOT.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
Re: New TV Shows 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »

We enjoyed the hell out of that too (in spite of that first horrid minute.)  Can't wait for season 2.

I finally got into the first couple episodes of True Detective and am struggling to think of a show that has stuck with me the way that has.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I do wonder if the writers just followed McConaughey in real life with a tape recorder.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:52:22 AM »

We enjoyed the hell out of that too (in spite of that first horrid minute.)  Can't wait for season 2.

I finally got into the first couple episodes of True Detective and am struggling to think of a show that has stuck with me the way that has.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I do wonder if the writers just followed McConaughey in real life with a tape recorder.

The TRIGGER WARNING was specifically for YOU. HAHAHAH.

Man, so happy that you're into that FIRST season of TRUE DETECTIVE.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »

So LEGION.  Yeah the first 2 episodes of that are pretty much amazing.

And if you haven't been keeping up with BASKETS, Louie Anderson has turned the character of the beleaguered mom of the main character into something very real and very poetic.  He was able to do that in Season 1, and Season 2 has seen the mom character as even more of a focus.  He didn't win the Emmy for Supporting Actor for nothing.  It's worth it as long as you are up for something in the vein of LOUIE... something that can be silly and sad and emotional and real all at once.  Surprised how much I have enjoyed the series based on the concept.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »

Who knew Louie Anderson could act?  The episode where they visited the Ronald Reagan library was unbelievably well done.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »

Does anyone watch THE DETOUR?
I just caught a long glimpse at this week's episode and there was a moment that was so memorable that I've already quoted it twice to The Greg. I've never seen the show before but I might need to go back and start from the beginning. I think the current season is its second.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

Does anyone watch THE DETOUR?
I just caught a long glimpse at this week's episode and there was a moment that was so memorable that I've already quoted it twice to The Greg. I've never seen the show before but I might need to go back and start from the beginning. I think the current season is its second.

Watched like half of the first season, then lost it.  Not that it was bad, but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »

Anybody watch FEUD on FX this past Sunday?  I have it DVR'd, and am going to give it a watch.  Old Hollywood is pretty fascinating to me.

Also, THE AMERICANS is back this week.  You've been warned.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »

BASKETS just keeps getting better and better, the last episode that aired in which Louis Anderson's character travels to Denver to drop in on the carpet salesman from a few episodes before sucked us right in and held on until the very end.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »

Anybody watch FEUD on FX this past Sunday?  I have it DVR'd, and am going to give it a watch.  Old Hollywood is pretty fascinating to me.

Yep. Just like any Ryan Murphy production, the first bit is really good and it'll be mediocre by the time it tries to wrap up. If anything, I think I was surprised how many C and F bombs they got away with, even for FX. It's snappy, feisty and has relatively few dialogue clunkers for a pilot.

My one takeaway from it was that Jessica Lange could act out an instruction manual for a Dremel and be mesmerizing doing it. I hear that Susan Sarandon (sp?) gets her shot in ep 2 to rip into the Davis role a bit more..
Back from hiatus.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 08:07:36 AM »

The couple of reviews I read said that Ryan Murphy has finally perfected the "Ryan Murphy" genre with this show. 

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 08:44:22 AM »

I have never really been goofy for Jessica Lange but she was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing in the first episode. I want to watch more and more and more.

Also, can I live in the sets, please?

This message brought by Butter & Lando:
Folks - if you love Old Hollywood and you've never listened to the podcast called "YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS", you must do so. I sometimes have to take a break because the information is DENSE and I also can't really stand Karina's pronunciation of some words. But, it is soooooooooo good and and she did a whole series on Joan Crawford over the summer.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:36 AM »

This message brought by Butter & Lando:
Folks - if you love Old Hollywood and you've never listened to the podcast called "YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS", you must do so. I sometimes have to take a break because the information is DENSE and I also can't really stand Karina's pronunciation of some words. But, it is soooooooooo good and and she did a whole series on Joan Crawford over the summer.

The series that I have heard from this on MGM, The Blacklist (not the TV show, but the McCarthyism), and Charles Manson were all so interesting and as Lando mentions, information-packed (but not in a boring way).  The current series on "Dead Blondes" is pretty good too.  I did not get in on the Joan Crawford one, though with this FX series, I may have to go back and cover that too.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »

FEUD is pretty great 3 episodes in.  Makes me want to watch the movie that those ladies shot.  But I'm too cheap to rent it, so hopefully it'll be on TCM sometime soon!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 08:37:03 AM »

FEUD is pretty great 3 episodes in.  Makes me want to watch the movie that those ladies shot.  But I'm too cheap to rent it, so hopefully it'll be on TCM sometime soon!
It was on last month and I recorded it. Hopefully they will re-air it for you!
They have re-created those movie sets perfectly! It is INSANE!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up