Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows 2017  (Read 841 times)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: New TV Shows 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 11:30:22 PM »

Trial & Error. I think it was inspired by the Mike Peterson case in Durham.
also known as rcc94

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 08:16:44 AM »

One more episode of FEUD... it's basically everything I thought it would be, and it sounds like they actually toned down some of the cattiness.  Which is hard to believe.

FARGO Season 3, 1st episode was some solid setup though the formula has started to feel ever so slightly stale... but it's hard to complain about Ewan McGregor and/or Mary Elizabeth Winstead. 

And speaking of Carrie Coon, it might be time to fire up the ol' HBO subscription again seeing as THE LEFTOVERS is finally back with season 3.  How long can I avoid spoilers?  Probably not long enough.

BETTER CALL SAUL also just returned with its 3rd season, and its pace has gone from delightfully slow to almost maddeningly glacial.  Things seem set to pick up next week... but I've thought that for a while.  Odenkirk going nearly full maniac in the last episode was a fun moment though.

And last but not least, if you still aren't watching THE AMERICANS... you are still missing out.  The focus is a lot more character based this season than in earlier seasons, but you can tell it is building somewhere even if the destination is still not quite obvious.  I guess if it was obvious, that would make it a lot less interesting.

I am pleased overall that all of these shows are on different nights, with THE LEFTOVERS set to fall right in on Sundays the void that FEUD is leaving.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:18:27 AM by Butter »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:29 AM »

Are the seasons of Fargo self contained?  I was under the impression they were.  We haven't seen the first two seasons, but set the DVR to tape it.  If we're going to have to catch up, we may not get around to it for a while.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »

Indeed they are.  Season 1 and 2 are slightly related, but nothing that would hinder your enjoyment.  So far 3 seems to be completely its own thing.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:21 AM »

Anybody watch FEUD on FX this past Sunday?  I have it DVR'd, and am going to give it a watch.  Old Hollywood is pretty fascinating to me.

Yep. Just like any Ryan Murphy production, the first bit is really good and it'll be mediocre by the time it tries to wrap up.

Definitely never got mediocre.  Maybe a little manipulative towards the end... but in a way that I was glad for, not in a way that I felt manipulated.

Highly recommended... and you can start now if you were waiting for the series to end.  Almost worth it alone just for the final episode, it was surprisingly heartbreaking.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »

I binge-watched all of DEAR WHITE PEOPLE over the weekend and really liked it.

Watched all of the new season of MASTER OF NONE the weekend before and loved most of it. I'm not really into this season's romance or whatever you want to call it.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »

We are three episodes into the seven-episode-documentary The Keepers and boy-oh-boy is it all kinds of messed up. So far it's excellently done and interesting.

Curious where it goes. Most of my criticisms so far were proven wrong with patience so I can't really judge it until it's over. For instance, I was all "this one point is based on only one person's statement" but then later they have like 50 people backing it up. Stuff like that.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »

We are three episodes into the seven-episode-documentary The Keepers and boy-oh-boy is it all kinds of messed up. So far it's excellently done and interesting.

Curious where it goes. Most of my criticisms so far were proven wrong with patience so I can't really judge it until it's over. For instance, I was all "this one point is based on only one person's statement" but then later they have like 50 people backing it up. Stuff like that.

I finished that pretty quickly.  Let's just say it doesn't get any less messed up as you move through the 7 episodes.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »

OH GOD. I read the description of this but somehow missed that it is a DOCUMENTARY series. THE EFF!?!?!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »

It's so messed up that if it was fiction you would just dismiss it as outlandish fiction.

Instead, it's actual life.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »

Watched all of GLOW in 2 days. GOOD STUFF!!!

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 07:56:32 AM »

Watched season premiere of GREAT NEWS the other day.  Did not care for it, even with Tina Fey trying to channel her inner Jack Donaghy.

MR. ROBOT is back this coming week.  I was underwhelmed by Season 2, it was like he doubled down on the dense plotting at the expense of what made the series fun for me in the first place.  We'll see about Season 3.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »

Two episodes into "American Vandal" the mockumentary on Netflix.

I'm sad to say this, but after pausing the watching...I really want to know more about who drew the dicks.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 10:25:24 AM »

Watched season premiere of GREAT NEWS the other day.  Did not care for it, even with Tina Fey trying to channel her inner Jack Donaghy.

Yeah, I was hoping for another 30 Rock, The Office or Parks and Rec.  But, the latter two of those needed some time to find their footing, maybe it'll make a turn.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

LORE is debuting on Amazon this Friday.  A 6 episode anthology series based on the podcast.

Looking forward to that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up