Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reds post game show  (Read 261 times)

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
reds post game show
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

has anyone gone to these? how does it work? general admission after the game? seating? if i buy a cheap seat can i come down to see the band?

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: reds post game show
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 03:26:17 PM »

I saw The Beach Boys after a Reds game years ago and didn't pay extra.  It came with the ticket price.  The only difference now appears to be you can pay $25.00 extra for a "field pass".  And there are even pricier VIP packages.  My advice:  Get a cheap seat ticket and stay for the show.  Not everyone stays for the concerts so you can move to a better location if need be.  I assume you are interested in the Avett Brothers.  But maybe you want to see Flo Rida?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:33:06 PM »

I saw The Beach Boys after a Reds game years ago and didn't pay extra.
Yes, I was there too, maybe 3-4 years ago? We moved down to the closest seats with no problem (in the field level seats).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »

Yes, I was there too, maybe 3-4 years ago? We moved down to the closest seats with no problem (in the field level seats).

The show I saw was prior to that, in the old ballpark.  Carl Wilson was still alive and touring with the group. In fact, it was an early date with the woman who is now Mrs. Drjohnrock. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:11:07 AM »

The show I saw was prior to that, in the old ballpark.  Carl Wilson was still alive and touring with the group. In fact, it was an early date with the woman who is now Mrs. Drjohnrock.
In fact I was at that show too! 1988 (I just looked it up).

That's a great date story. Good for you guys!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »

I may be misremembering, but for some reason I want to say I was at that game.  I would have been 12.

I also remember going to a game after which KC and the Sunshine band played.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:41:35 PM »

anybody stay for the music @ this game? i wanted to see Kaleo, but could't do hours of cold rain late at night after a work day. what time did they play? the game was in the 8th inning @ 11:30 and the fireworks were after the game

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »

I wasn't there but I heard that eventually Kaleo did come on (12:30 am? probably even later) to a virtually empty stadium. Disappointing for them for sure, but they had to put on their set to collect their paycheck.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »

Maybe bands should play before the game.

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 11:21:17 AM »

i think i was there too. wasn't there something about john stamos being with the beach boys too? or am i just making shit up?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 12:38:45 PM »

i think i was there too. wasn't there something about john stamos being with the beach boys too? or am i just making shit up?

John Stamos was the drummer at the most recent Beach Boys post-Reds game gig, a few years ago (not 1988). I was at that as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up