Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: INHAILER - Internet Radio Startup  (Read 277 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
INHAILER - Internet Radio Startup
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »

https://www.inhailer.com/

INHAILER is a community broadcast platform designed for social activation.
We believe communities thrive when diverse people come together for live entertainment, music arts & culture.
We recognize the value of creativity, entrepeneurship & activism, and believe people should be fairly compensated for their time and energy.
By harnessing the collective power of community, we can build a network that connects DIY organizations, business and non-profits with their fans, patrons and supporters.
Join us and experience our community broadcast at INHAILER.com

AKA Cincinnati Internet Radio with specialty programs and music not unlike woxy.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
Re: INHAILER - Internet Radio Startup
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »

Looking at the hashtag, I guess it shouldn't be surprising to me that a lot of people spell the asthma inhibitor this way instead of without the middle "I".

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »

That whole shit was annoying.  What the hell is a "community broadcast platform?"

There is nothing in that description or from going to their website that would lead me to understand that this is a radio station.

Bonus points for super-annoying chick.  "How would you describe it outside of like, the confines of how people generally feel like they have to describe music?" 

Yeah... people trying to describe things like, outside the confines of how people generally feel like they have to describe things is EXACTLY how you end up with some mystery thing called "inhailer."

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »

I'm going to take Thumper's mom's advice on this one....
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »

Well, it doesn't really matter. They are probably doing it right.  I'm pretty certain "Middle-aged guy from Richmond who thinks everyone born after 1980 has terrible taste in music and can go jump in a lake besides" is not the target demo.

What's up with all this community and social stuff anyway?  Technology has abandoned it's basic purpose which is to ensure that one needs to interact with other people as LITTLE as possible.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »

Just to be perfectly clear, I'm in agreement with you, ZK.  Word that came to my mind was "pretentious."

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »

Some folks in my facebook feed were liking an inhailer post today promoting something called a "brat chat."  What is the audience for this thing?  I know I was immediately turned off by it.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
  • 42!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »

OK, TayFo, I don't know if you have something to do with this thing, but if you do I will be interested in how it goes.  I would probably listen.

I missed this post in the Spotify Playlists thread, but I thought it was a good playlist:

Coming soon is Inhailer Radio . . . an online station (so far) featuring music, arts, food, etc.
Here is a basic concept of the station's music picks. Let me know what you think.
https://open.spotify.com/user/124977999/playlist/1nOxY5XmuenSAcEgSzrXhG

I wrote this, then realized that your link for Listen Now on the main site is live now.  When did you go live?  I'm giving it a listen, and that's obviously you on the mic... if you are streaming, you should give us some more information about it.  Also, it would be nice if your stream listed song info.

Good luck with it.  I'll be listening and rooting for you, even if I am too old to get "involved" anymore.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »

Incidentally, Trash Flow Radio (the Ken Katkin DJ-ed show each Saturday 3 to 5 pm on Cincinnati's community radio station WAIF 88.3 FM--and streaming live on the station's website) is now being rebroadcast on INHAILER each Wednesday 7 to 9 pm.

I forgot to mention that Ken and I did another show on Belgian punk, new wave and underground music a couple of weekends ago (on July 22, in honor of Belgian Independence Day). Lots of fun.

For all things Trash Flow Radio: https://www.facebook.com/trashflow/

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »

I heard a little bit of your appearance last week on Trash Flow Radio--sounded good.

I'll have to check out INHALER.  If they have the good taste to rebroadcast Trash Flow Radio, maybe they'll have other good stuff as well.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

OK, TayFo, I don't know if you have something to do with this thing, but if you do I will be interested in how it goes.  I would probably listen.

I missed this post in the Spotify Playlists thread, but I thought it was a good playlist:

Coming soon is Inhailer Radio . . . an online station (so far) featuring music, arts, food, etc.
Here is a basic concept of the station's music picks. Let me know what you think.
https://open.spotify.com/user/124977999/playlist/1nOxY5XmuenSAcEgSzrXhG

I wrote this, then realized that your link for Listen Now on the main site is live now.  When did you go live?  I'm giving it a listen, and that's obviously you on the mic... if you are streaming, you should give us some more information about it.  Also, it would be nice if your stream listed song info.

Good luck with it.  I'll be listening and rooting for you, even if I am too old to get "involved" anymore.

Sorry I haven't been around randomville much. Yup, I'm a dj at Inhailer from 9-11 weekday mornings and the music director. Pretty much my internet time is spent finding new music and loading it up on Inhailer. Right now we have about 4700 songs in our playlist, mostly playing newer indie artists and songs. All the djs have their own little spin and can play the music the music they want with our heavy rotation songs. There are also a couple of shows that the dj plays whatever they want. As always, we are a work in progress and evolving hopefully for the better. Give us a listen.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »

Nice! Congrats on the gig. I'll definitely listen at some point.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:48 PM »

X2

Remind us, TayFo,where can we listen? is it internet-only?

With WNKU's last broadcast upon us on this coming Thursday, I def need a new outlet.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 01:06:55 PM »

X2

Remind us, TayFo,where can we listen? is it internet-only?

With WNKU's last broadcast upon us on this coming Thursday, I def need a new outlet.
It is internet only at inhailer.com. There's an android app now and one for iphone coming soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up