Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 Cropped Out Festival  (Read 121 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
2017 Cropped Out Festival
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »

Check out this lineup:

http://z1.invisionfree.com/thefall/index.php?showtopic=42301&st=0

I thought The Fall listing was a joke at first, but it isn't. They haven't played the US in over a decade.  Even though their last three albums were lacking, they were/maybe still are my favorite band, so I'll probably go unless they play a club date in the Cincinnati area, or reasonably close by.

Lots of other great acts as well:  Royal Trux, Peter Brotzmann, etc.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:11:33 PM by Drjohnrock »
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
Re: 2017 Cropped Out Festival
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

The Fall have cancelled their entire US "tour" due to Mark E Smith's illness. The "tour" consisted of Cropped Out plus seven dates in NYC. The NYC shows have already been rescheduled.  Supposedly they will try to book a Louisville show as well when they come back across the pond.  But unlike the NYC shows, which were club dates for which I assume refunds will be offered, there are usually no refunds when it comes to festivals having one act cancel. Oh well, some of the other acts will likely be interesting.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

This won't be of interest to anyone with the possible exception of Miss Kitty. But The Fall have been replaced in the Cropped Out Saturday lineup by Bonnie Prince Billy, backed by the "Bonafide United Musicians", doing a Merle Haggard tribute.  This will be either great, a train wreck, or, more likely, a great train wreck.  I've never seen BPB before so this somewhat offsets The Fall having to cancel.

On edit: the Bonnie Prince was released a Haggard tribute album. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:32:25 PM by Drjohnrock »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »

DrJohn, you can be sure that with BPB on the bill, Ken Katkin of Trash Flow Radio will be there!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »

I think he was likely to attend anyway but Will "Bonnie Prince Billy" Oldham removes any doubt. 

I'm going to keep a close eye on the weather forecast. If there's a substantial likelihood of rain on 9/23, I probably won't go.  The tickets for a one day advance purchase pass were/are only $40.00 plus a service charge that's much more reasonable than those of Ticketmaster, so I wouldn't be taking that much of a financial loss. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »

I know that, looking outside, it feels we are well into Fall, but starting this Friday 9/15, the weather is actually returning to normal (low 80s and upper 70s) for the rest of September. I think the chances for good weather on the 23rd are quite high.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: [1]   Go Up