Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 5298 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »

The greatest and clutchiest free kick taker gets a kick in a perfect place in the perfect situation with just enough room to bend it into the corner.

I question De Gea’s positioning a bit.  But mostly we should just respect how easy Ronaldo made that look and how inevitable it seemed when he was setting it up.  He was made for that moment.  Gotta give him props.

De Gea letting that second goal go right through his hands, though....

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 12:01:18 AM »

Right, De Gea simply blew it for Spain, which should've won the game, period
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 11:03:48 PM »

Nice start for Belgium today.

And England should thank its lucky stars for Harry Kane. Honestly, where would they be without him?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 04:36:11 PM »

I can't stop watching that Rebic goal.

It's one of the best goals I've seen in a World Cup while simultaneously being one of the worst goals I've ever seen in a World Cup.  How is that even possible? 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:33 PM »

I am so enjoying this WC. Avoiding all media contact during the day, and when I get home after work, watching a couple of games being re-broadcast. Tonight's Argentina-Croatia being a prime example. What a game! But that's just one. These couple of weeks are heaven for soccer fans, really.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 08:54:05 AM »

And no 0-0 results yet!!!! I love that!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »

I've been enjoying it too - at least what I've been able to watch of it.

Not enough players removing their shirts for my liking, but aside from that ...
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »

I've been enjoying it too - at least what I've been able to watch of it.

Not enough players removing their shirts for my liking, but aside from that ...

Make sure you watch Shaqiri's goal, then, MK

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »

Yeah, Albanian Eagle on that celebration too though.  Not smart.  Obvious penalty on Mitrovic that was somehow not called.  Kinda wrecked an entertaining game.

But the big thing for me is wtf Ivanovic?  That shot would have been exceedingly unpleasant to block, I get that.  But it's the goddamn World Cup.  You can't duck out of the way of a shot like that.  Against a Swiss-Albanian no less who then throws the Eagle up in your face.  You will never live that down.  I just hope no one kills you over it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:00:12 PM by Zafer Kaya »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 11:32:56 PM »

Some great games today. Belgium obviously.

But what a heart-breaker for the Swedes.... wow, just wow.

This WC keeps going great. So many fun games.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:23 AM »

Unclear if Belgium and England are really good, or if they got placed in a super-easy draw.  I think even their Round of 16 draws should be not too bad since they are matched up with a weak Group H.

But after that, good luck.  Probably Brazil and Germany await.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »

I don't think Belgium or England are really that good (or Russia).  But then, I don't think Brazil and Germany need to be feared that much either.

Lotta parity this year. 

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 11:25:28 AM »

I don't think Belgium or England are really that good (or Russia).  But then, I don't think Brazil and Germany need to be feared that much either.

Lotta parity this year. 

None of the traditionally feared teams seem all that strong to me.  Croatia might be the best looking team I've seen. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 11:58:21 PM »

From the Belgian perspective, nothing really matters until we get to the knock-out stages, no matter who we face. If the Red Devils advance to the Quarters (which what they did in Brazil), that is the minimum what is required of this "golden generation", but honestly they should do more, if they are really as good as so many have proclaimed. Only time will tell...

From what I'm reading in the Belgian press, they will not start anyone with a yellow against England, which will be a "friendly" with nothing on the line (the Red Devils apparently would just as much prefer end 2nd in the group)

Iran gave it  good go, but not enough...

Russia was immediately exposed in today's match vs Uruguay. No way they can beat Spain in the next round, What a farce anyway, that group Russian was in

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »

Croatia might be the best looking team I've seen.

Hello, Dejan Lovren. You foine as hell.

Oh. That's not what you meant.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up