Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Vietnaw War  (Read 2039 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: The Vietnaw War
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »

My cat Mimic

I know this is off topic, but perhaps some levity is needed.  We--or should I say my wife and daughter--recently added a cat to the family.  According to the SPCA, the previous owner was an older guy who couldn't take the cat with him when he moved after his wife's death.  Since the cat seems content only when the TV is on and she's being petted, I have to think the old guy had nothing to do all day but watch the tube and pet the cat.  Her name is Electra--keeping the name her prior owners gave her.  I like Mimic better.  How did you come up with that?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »

I like Mimic better.  How did you come up with that?
It was the name when I got that cat back in 2008 or 09 from the SCPA. He was 2 or 3 years old then. And I liked the name, so I kept it, although I must say that I pepper him with some Flemish nicknames that he's gotten used to as well, like "Beestje" (little animal).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »

For those of you that have Spectrum cable service, I noticed this weekend that all 10 episodes of The Vietnam War are available for free on their On Demand TV section.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up