Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Millionaire  (Read 4152 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Millionaire
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »

Here it is, folks!

https://youtu.be/F0H9qmQIdzk?t=3579
thanks Dan! I'll be watching it tomorrow!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »

And Dan came through as a lifeline!!! 

If he hadn't with that question, then he literally would've been the worst husband in the world.  And that includes murderers.

It was like they asked him a really specific question about New York City rights-of-way or pedestrian traffic.  I mean, you get credit, but I'm interested to hear how this played out at home.  Did you get credit, or was it laughed off because it was such a Cleveland specific question?

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »

Also, I was with her on the guess for the last question.  I thought it was between B and C.  I guess the real question is, did you know that one?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »

I recall thinking the same guess as her, and telling her on set afterward that I did not know the answer.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »

Really? Larry Doby? I've never been more sure that the show is rigged.

When that question came up on the screen, did you think to yourself "OK Dan, it's go time!"?
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »

"Everything's coming up Milhouse Wagner!"

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »

Really? Larry Doby? I've never been more sure that the show is rigged.

When that question came up on the screen, did you think to yourself "OK Dan, it's go time!"?

I'd think the same as you, except that we never once told them that I have Ohio roots. As far as they knew, I was from NY. They didn't ask for a lot of information on the +1 except "what kind of trivia is Dan good at?" and she did tell them Geography and Sports. So if it's rigged, they rigged the $100k question for me. But I just don't see it.

The producers spent a lot of time beforehand telling the contestants how they have no idea what the questions are, they have no control over them, they aren't written by them or anyone there - they are written ahead of time by an entirely different set of people. Which makes sense.

When the question came up on screen, knowing my wife's strengths and weaknesses, I did get very excited and turned to the random audience member sitting next to me and whispered, "oh, she better call on me for this one!"

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »

Wow, I would have narrowed that last question down the same as she did.  Wise move walking away there.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 06:21:04 AM »

When the question came up on screen, knowing my wife's strengths and weaknesses, I did get very excited and turned to the random audience member sitting next to me and whispered, "oh, she better call on me for this one!"

I'll have to go back and look at the tape and see if I can see you do that.

And one thing's for sure - both of us had A LOT more hair when Randomville started.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »

And one thing's for sure - both of us had A LOT more hair when Randomville started.

Totally! I miss my hair.

They sent the two of us into "Hair and Makeup" and I got very excited for the hair part.

Sadly, the Hair lady just sent me directly to the Makeup lady.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »

More importantly, Dan...what is the status of those otters?

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »

Well, the question was, what would you do if you won a million dollars? and she didn't win a million dollars. So the otters have turned into plushies.

There are currently five plushy otters on our cat tree.

Random: did you know that the collective noun for otters is a romp?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:44:35 AM by Dan »

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »

I gotta tell you, I feel let down. $100,000 could buy a lot of otters.

Plus, an otter sanctuary seems like a very Brooklyn thing to do.

Double plus - was there supposed to be a picture of those otters? Because there needs to be a picture.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »

HAHAHAHHA!  Love the otters
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up