Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fußball-Manager: A German odyssey  (Read 2035 times)

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Re: Fußball-Manager: A German odyssey
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 12:08:55 PM »

A bit of a luxury here - three full days off between matches.

Match 3, Aug. 14, 2016
2-0-0. 4th place, 6 pts.
@ VfL Bochum (finished 5th in 2015-16)
Series: First meeting in-game

Our captain, Oliver Fink, has returned to full fitness. I hand a debut to our latest signing, the German-born Kazakh left back, Heinrich Schmidtgal.

Starting lineup:
GK: Rensing
Def (L-R): Schmidtgal, Akpoguma, Madlung, Schaurte
Mid (L-R): Bellinghausen, Fink (c), Kaan Ayhan, Bebou
AM: Ferati
ST: Hennings

5' - A bright start for us, as Ferati played a ball down the right side of the pitch toward Bebou, whose shot from a tough angle was saved by Bochum's keeper Manuel Riemann. I wouldn't realise until later the significance of that shot.

18' - Stöger has a crack for Bochum from 17 yards out on the left side of the box, and beats Rensing, but luckily, the shot caroms off the cross bar and bounces away from goal.

21' - Another good chance for Bochum, this time from Hoogland at the top of the penalty arc. But Rensing is up to the challenge and pushes the shot away, allowing Schaurte to clear it for a throw-in.

34' - Two more chances in the space of a minute for Bochum. First, Celozzi received a clearance from 35 yards out and was able to dribble all the way into the right side of the box before shooting right at Rensing. Then, after Bochum regained possession on the clearance, Schmidtgal fouled Marco Stiepermann, and Eisfeld's free kick from 25 yards out had the measure of Rensing, but thankfully was just over the bar.

43' - Schauerte is booked for tripping Stöger. Somehow, we make it through the first half without conceding a goal and head to the locker room to regroup.

54' - More of the same from both sides, as Bochum controlled the ball in our defensive third of the field, getting off shot after shot and forcing Rensing to make saves and concede corners. And no, I haven't forgotten anything - that shot in the 5th minute remains our only shot on goal so far.

68' - Finally, a breakthrough - and it's from Arianit Feranti! Bellingham gets the ball in the box and passes out wide to Schmidtgal. His shot is punched away by the Bochum keeper, and the ball falls to Feranti's foot at the top of the 18-yard box. His immediate right-footed shot beats the keeper to the top corner, and we take a 1-0 lead. Completely against the run of play, but I'll take it!

70' - It's double substitution time again, as Ritter replaces Bellinghausen and our other new signing, Ronny, makes his debut coming on for Fink.

78' - We're playing with more confidence following the goal and stringing more passes together. Nothing eventuates into a goal, however, or even a shot on goal. But at least we're controlling possession better, crucial with that slim one goal lead.

82' - I bring Bodzek on to replace Akpoguma in order to get some fresh legs in defence and, yes, waste a little time.

89' - Mlapa is flagged for offside for Bochum. Resing restarts the play with a long ball that Kaan Ayhan was able to get ahold of. After flicking the ball onto Hennings, who was dispossessed, Madlung gets the ball back for us. He passes out to the right side where Bebou is waiting. Bebou passes back toward the middle, where Ferati lays the ball on to Ayhan. The Turk absolutely buries the shot, and while we might only have had three shots on goal, at least we scored two of them!

Arianit Ferari, with one goal of his own and an assist on the other, was named MoM. If you look at the match stats, we flattered to deceive and really had no business winning this match, never mind winning by two clear goals. But the bottom line is, we made our possession and shots count, and they didn't. We only had six shots, and three on goal, but two of those found the back of the net. And really, that's the only stat that matters.

Win, 2-0, up to 2nd place
Shots/on target: Dusseldorf 6/3, Bochum 13/6
Poss: 55-45, Bochum
A: 24,355 (5,859 away fans)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »

Why don’t you own Hennings?  Does Akpoguma challenge for headers?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 06:28:01 AM »

Hennings is on loan from Burnley and frankly, we're too poor to purchase him outright. He's valued at €6.9 million and our transfer budget is €1.1 million. And that's after I slashed the squad win bonuses.

Akpoguma is rated at 13 for headers. I can't say that he's heading ability has necessarily been something that stands out.

A break from the Bundesliga this week, as we begin our participation in the DFB-Pokal, what you would call the German Cup. For the first round, we travel to Bremen to take on Bremer SV, who play in the Oberliga Bremen, one of a number of Fifth Division leagues scattered throughout Germany. Bremer SV dominate the Bremen-Liga, winning it now three times on the trot, but have been unable to progress through the promotion playoffs against other Oberliga winners for spots in the Regionalliga, or Fourth Division.

Aug. 14, 2016
DFB-Pokal First Round
@ Bremer SV (finished 1st in Oberliga Bremen in 2015-16)
Series: First meeting in-game

Not surprisingly, I rearrange the team sheet for this match. So much so, I feel compelled to include first names so that you know what is going on:

GK: Lars Unnerstall
Def: Heinrich Schmidtgal, Adam Bodzek (c), Alexander Madlung, Julian Schauerte
Mid: Emmanuel Iyoha, Mart Ristl, Marcel Sobottka, Jerome Kiesewetter
AM: Marlon Ritter
ST: Didier Ya Konan

With a week off, and everyone fairly rested, I take more chances up top and rely on some familiar names in the back line...you know, just in case.

Bremer started off getting the best of play, but we began to establish ourselves after the 15 minute mark. Then, in the 21st minute, Sobottka was dispossessed by a Bremer defender and Ya Konan, who was looking to get on the end of Sobottka's pass, pounced on the loose ball instead and toe-poked it past the Bremer keeper for a 1-0 lead. We kept up the pressure, but couldn't convert any of the chances. The breakthrough had to wait until the 89th minute, when Unnerstall saved a Bremer free kick and restarted play down the left side. Ya Konan laid the ball on for Ritter, whose strike in the top left gave us an unassailable and deserved 2-0 margin.

Not the biggest result, and we were a bit wasteful with our chances, but we did what we needed to do. No surprise that Didier Ya Konan was named MoM with his goal and assist. We're now in the pot for the second round, where it emerges a few days later that we will travel to Bundesliga side Hamburger SV. Not a great draw, because Hamburg is exactly the type of club that will focus a lot of energy on the cup because it affords them the greatest chance for success and European competition. So I am expecting to face a full-strength side for the match on October 26.

Win, 2-0, advanced to 2nd round
Shots/on target: Dusseldorf 15/6, Bremer 5/4
Poss: 50-50
A: 4,314 (3,500 away fans)
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »

Can you train Ferari to hum?

Or can you train him to move at lightning speed?

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »

Are you playing last year's FM?  I would just cheat and give yourself Hennings. 

I mean it's not really cheating.  Burnley let Hennings go on a free this summer and he signed with Fortuna Dusseldorf.  So technically, he's really your player and all you are doing is just updating the database.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:12:59 AM by Zafer Kaya »

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »

Are you playing last year's FM?  I would just cheat and give yourself Hennings. 

I mean it's not really cheating.  Burnely let Hennings go on a free this summer and he signed with Fortuna Dusseldorf.  So technically, he's really your player and all you are doing is just updating the database.

I thought you were just screwing with him, but this did actually happen.

DO IT.

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »

Yes, I am playing last year's FM (confusingly titled FM2017) because that is the most recent version available when I started the game.

As far as Hennings goes, there already are developments in the works (remember my posts are catching up, I've played about a month ahead already, including the transfer deadline), so stay tuned.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »

Yes, I am playing last year's FM (confusingly titled FM2017) because that is the most recent version available when I started the game.

As far as Hennings goes, there already are developments in the works (remember my posts are catching up, I've played about a month ahead already, including the transfer deadline), so stay tuned.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up