Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: QOTW: Reimaged for 2018  (Read 4688 times)

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
Re: QOTW: Reimaged for 2018
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 01:10:11 AM »

To not go to work!

Next option: hot chocolate?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »

Grumble about how SUV owners think that just because they have part-time 4WD, they think they can still travel 65 mph in the snow.

Idiots. There are not enough light poles in the world for them to crash into.

But hey, I haven't had to worry about idiot SUV drivers in the snow for eleven years now. So that's a plus, I guess.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »

My first thought to this question was to go out in the snow. A snow day to me is something like 2 feet of snow, and honestly, I'd probably still go to work in that. There was a Saturday a few years back where it snow maybe 2 feet or so, which felt like a snow day because everyone stayed inside. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon we donned our boots and went for a walk. It was great!

The rest of the day is spent watching movies/TV/video games/etc.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »

I like going outside but it can be a bit scary with all of the falling pine tree limbs in my neighborhood. The storm we had in December brought down THREE separate limbs onto our property, with none of them being smaller than 10 feet long. Luckily, none of them hit the house (THIS TIME).
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »

qotw:  at what point in the winter day do you change out of yo pajamas? 
poach eggs, not elephants

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2018, 03:06:05 PM »

The same time as in a summer day!

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 09:30:58 AM »

when i get a snow day, i immediately get up and head out to get donuts. i have to see how bad the roads are.

i do tend to stay in my pajamas all day on a snow day.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »

QOTW, just because I'm curious and we haven't had one in a bit--

How do you bundle up when you sleep?

Me:  Winter: top sheet and a blanket.  Spring/Fall: top sheet.  Summer: No sheets

I do however, have seasonal PJ's.  Flannel in winter, normal long sleeve/long pants in spring/fall, performance short-sleeve and shorts in summer.

I'm thinking about going back to the duvet route for winter.  I was talking about this to someone, and they use the same PJ's, top sheet and duvet all year round.  The set their temp at 76 in the summer and 68 in the winter.  At 76 there's no way I would be using a duvet.  I'm borderline top sheet/no sheet at that temp. And at 68, I will probably throw on the blanket, but I will sleep half out of it.

The thing with no duvet is I feel like there are a lot more options available.  You can layer up how you want, and also easily shuck a layer if you're in bed.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2018, 12:27:51 PM »

duvet's are too much work.  flannel sheets in the fall winter, sheets in summer.  we keep the house at 59 or 60 in the winter and like upper 70's in the summer if we have it on at all 

in the winter and fall i never leave my pajamas. which is mostly long underwear and a flannel.  if i'm wearing my thermal underwear, i just put some jeans on and a coat if i have to leave.  once i get home, off the jeans and you're already back into pajamas

in the summer, it's just a pair of gym shorts

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »

It's just boxers for me for sleeping.
Sheets:
-colder weather is flannel sheets with two fleece blankets.
-coldest weather is flannel sheets and a think fluffy comforter.
-warmer weather is cotton sheets and one fleece blanket
-summer is just a cotton top sheet.

I get the night sweats a lot, for no real apparent (medical) reason, so I'm constantly fighting with my bed to not be too hot, but not wake up shivering either. Layers help in that regard.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »

I sleep naked. Every night of the year. I cannot stomach clothes on me when sleeping. In the winter time, I have an electric blanket. In the summer, just whatever.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »

finally

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 09:46:18 AM »

I always have to have a cover of some sort. The thought of sleeping without a sheet freaks me out. I like to burrow in stuff. I also like the weight of a covering. Even on the hottest days.

Fall & Winter - flannel sheets & thicker blanket
Spring & Summer - regular sheets & a matelasse quilt (which is usually kicked off, just leaving the sheet)
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »

I'm similar to c-lando.  I also burrow.  Winter, sheets and a comforter.  Rest of the year, sheets and a light quilt.  Winter sleeping temp is 62, and during the summer with the AC on, I have a fan blowing on me. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »

Not having something covering me when I sleep seems wrong and I donít know that I could do it.

Winter we use a comforter.
Summer we use a light blanket
Spring/fall just depends on the temp in the room

PJ wise I wear heavy or light running type pants depending on the temp and a T-shirt or tank top. I have a few pair of shorts for when itís insanely hot but that isnít too often.

I used to not be able to wear socks. It was terrible. But now if itís super cold I can deal with it.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up