Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musical Connections  (Read 117 times)

grumbachr

• Summer Resident
Musical Connections
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »

I've been meaning to do this for a very long time. It's been fun, but once I started I didn't remember as much as I thought I would or could. My goal is to create a flow chart of bands or artists that have worked together, if they have not shared members one might have made a guest appears for the other.(Example where Tanya Donnelly sang with Catherine Wheel on Judy's Staring at the Sun).  If it's not vocals but a good reason otherwise, I would likely link them.

When I started I would  have sworn the Blake Babies and Throwing Muses were connected but I am unable to recall why. Maybe some of you could help me establish a few new links.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yftadyt23zsxl0m/Links.png?dl=0

BTW still loving the share Spotify list. 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Musical Connections
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:15:50 PM »

Antenna should probably be in there, since it's the rest of Blake Babies without Juliana Hatfield.

But then I dunno.  It gets complicated pretty fast.  Like you have the fringes of the Boston mid-90's scene in there which is crazy incestuous.  All those people played on other people's albums and then there were tons of splinter group/side project/lesser known band kinds of things as well.

Like just off the top off my head, Ed Valauskas has played bass with Tonya Donnelly, Jen Trynin, Juliana Hatfield, Gravel Pit, and Kay Hanley.  And I think The Gentlemen.  Probably Loveless and Senor Happy, too.  Jen Trynin has played with at least half those people plus Aimee Mann but sometimes she did no vocals or she's just doing some backing vocals maybe and isn't getting perfomer credit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up