Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury Music Fest 2018  (Read 1220 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Bunbury Music Fest 2018
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »

The 2018 line-up has been announced:

https://bunburyfestival.com/lineup-2018

Does anyone care?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

dirk

• City Elder
Re: Bunbury Music Fest 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »

I care enough that I unliked their page on Facebook so I wouldn't see anything more. That line up is just sad. I wouldn't mind seeing the Dropkick Murphys and Manchester Orchestra, but other than them there are maybe 2 or 3 bands that I would even like to check out. And with just 3 stages every one is guaranteed to be overloaded with people. No way in hell.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »

I rather enjoyed the snark on the Hive Hints on FB. Might as well have just made a poster filled with emoji poops, though.

But after the full lineup was announced the people saying stuff like, "I can't believe people are hatin' on this," just sound like the kind of people who think Trump is doing a great job. Gross.

Anyway, I got my sights on Nelsonville. That one looks pretty sweet.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:15:17 PM »

It sucks because it's not for old people like us. Guys, we're closer to being those concert goers who really are beginning to like shows where you can sit than we are Bunbury's target audience. Chainsmokers are like bug spray to keep anyone over 30 from attending.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:19:14 PM by foolsgold »
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »

The thing is, based on a good chunk of the line up it is geared to old people like us. I mean Blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Incubus, and the Dropkick Murphys don't exactly scream millenials to me.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »

You'd be surprised.  The youths inherited nostalgia genes from their Gen X parents along with a fair amount of 1990's music culture.  I think I see more t-shirts, patches, hats, and other assorted wearables for 90's bands now than I did when they were in their prime. 
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »

The only bands I'd be really interested in from the Bunbury lineup is Peter Bjorn & John (I guess they must be coming out with a new album that has them touring the US?0 and also Royal Blood. So no, I won't be there.

I agree with foolsgold that a lot of younger people tend to really, really dig the 90s music for some reason.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 07:42:49 AM »

You'd be surprised.  The youths inherited nostalgia genes from their Gen X parents along with a fair amount of 1990's music culture.  I think I see more t-shirts, patches, hats, and other assorted wearables for 90's bands now than I did when they were in their prime. 

Ethan and Alex both have Nirvana shirts.  I bet neither one of them could name an album.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing Gang of Youths and a few others, but like Scurvytown, I find Nelsonville the better option.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »

Anyone going? Just wondering...

I looked at the schedule, and to me it looks even weaker than last year's.

https://bunburyfestival.com/schedule-2018

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »

I'm not going.

From what I understand, PB&J pulled out a while ago, Blink 182 can't be bothered to turn up and Gang of Youths have dropped the rest of their American tour dates (including Bunbury) because the singer strained his voice.

Royal Blood cancelled a couple of dates recently due to a foot injury by one of the band, but as of today they are still listed as playing Bunbury.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up