Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Cincinnati Reds 2018  (Read 6891 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Cincinnati Reds 2018
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »

view from the ground: our law firm has had a corporate suite since GABP opened in 2003, and I have been very active over all those years in entertaining clients and friends of the firm, and typically to great effect (marketing wise). Fast forward to 2018: despite all the perks of the corporate suite (food and drinks, among them), I am having the HARDEST time to get any clients to come. It's just exasperating. And of course I'm not the only one in the firm. Needless to say, this suite does not come cheap (hundreds of thousands of dollars). We are now at the point where the firm is questioning the cost of keeping the suite.

I am one that argues that, yes, we should, because once we give up the suite, we'll never get it back and the Reds will get better, "eventually". Plus it is in my experience one of the best ways to entertain clients and create good will. But of course there is the expense....

Our firm is now also getting the occasional corporate suite at the FC Cincinnati games. And guess what... client interest and demand is enormous. We have to turn people away. The cost of that suite is similar to the Reds suite we have (per game). So now we are evaluating.

Bottom line: the Reds are so pathetic right now, and for the foreseeable future, it really threatens their corporate base. And that is bad news for the Reds.

I myself bought season tix for FCC this year, and I'm just not that interested in going to a Reds game, unless it is client-related. The Reds are now clearly competing for entertainment dollars against FCC, an idea that was unimaginable just 2 year ago. This is the new reality. And with FCC's expected MLS acceptance at some point, that is only going to get worse for the Reds, unless they finally figure out a way to get back to being truly competitive, like in the 2010-2013 days (when client interest and demand was sky high).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »

view from the ground: our law firm has had a corporate suite since GABP opened in 2003, and I have been very active over all those years in entertaining clients and friends of the firm, and typically to great effect (marketing wise). Fast forward to 2018: despite all the perks of the corporate suite (food and drinks, among them), I am having the HARDEST time to get any clients to come. It's just exasperating. And of course I'm not the only one in the firm. Needless to say, this suite does not come cheap (hundreds of thousands of dollars). We are now at the point where the firm is questioning the cost of keeping the suite.

I am one that argues that, yes, we should, because once we give up the suite, we'll never get it back and the Reds will get better, "eventually". Plus it is in my experience one of the best ways to entertain clients and create good will. But of course there is the expense....

Our firm is now also getting the occasional corporate suite at the FC Cincinnati games. And guess what... client interest and demand is enormous. We have to turn people away. The cost of that suite is similar to the Reds suite we have (per game). So now we are evaluating.

Bottom line: the Reds are so pathetic right now, and for the foreseeable future, it really threatens their corporate base. And that is bad news for the Reds.

I myself bought season tix for FCC this year, and I'm just not that interested in going to a Reds game, unless it is client-related. The Reds are now clearly competing for entertainment dollars against FCC, an idea that was unimaginable just 2 year ago. This is the new reality. And with FCC's expected MLS acceptance at some point, that is only going to get worse for the Reds, unless they finally figure out a way to get back to being truly competitive, like in the 2010-2013 days (when client interest and demand was sky high).

I'll be glad to use that suite.  Just let me know.  I am definitely in the market for some corporate law work.  DEFINITELY.  THIS IS NOT A PLOY OF ANY SORT.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

I always wanted to tort... or something.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »

Can't blame your firm for having misgivings about keeping the suite.  I wonder if the Reds have a waiting list of companies waiting to get suites. Even if they do, I wonder how many of those companies are still interested in having suites.  Would the Reds offer a discount to firms like yours who are thinking of bolting?  I doubt it. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:55 PM »

I'll be glad to use that suite.  Just let me know.  I am definitely in the market for some corporate law work.  DEFINITELY.  THIS IS NOT A PLOY OF ANY SORT.

can i attach myself to your posse? 
poach eggs, not elephants

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »

can i attach myself to your posse?

i've watched every iteration of law and order, so i'm basically a lawyer. does that count?

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 09:23:24 PM »

I think euro's firm is looking for clients who have gazillions to hire them.  If you fit in that category, you'll soon be watching the Reds and enjoying food and drink in one of the best seats in the ballpark.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 10:15:40 PM »

Prediction for tomorrow night's Reds game:  Matt Harvey won't get out of the first inning and will allow six earned runs.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 11:33:26 PM »

I think euro's firm is looking for clients who have gazillions to hire them.  If you fit in that category, you'll soon be watching the Reds and enjoying food and drink in one of the best seats in the ballpark.
you got the right idea, Drjohn, as always
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 11:35:14 PM »

Prediction for tomorrow night's Reds game:  Matt Harvey won't get out of the first inning and will allow six earned runs.
I'm gonna challenge on that....Matt Harvey will last 5 innings, 3 runs....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:06:20 AM by euro60 »

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 08:00:24 AM »

How do you know I don't have gazillions?  Maybe I was the WOXY angel investor.  YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »

How do you know I don't have gazillions?  Maybe I was the WOXY angel investor.  YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

That's why I said "if you fit in that category."  For all I know, you could buy and sell Bill Gates.  If you have gazillions, I  hope you take a selfie of yourself and euro in the corporate suite at GABP and post it on here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »

I'm gonna challenge on that....Matt Harvey will last 5 innings, 3 runs....

I hope you're right.  But maybe it will be somewhere in the middle, like 3 innings, four runs.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »

That's why I said "if you fit in that category."  For all I know, you could buy and sell Bill Gates.  If you have gazillions, I  hope you take a selfie of yourself and euro in the corporate suite at GABP and post it on here.

I've already taken my corporate law business elsewhere.  If you can't handle me at my worst...

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »

I'm gonna say Harvey manages to go six somewhat shaky innings, yielding 3 ER.

I also think that Harvey is not quite as crappy as people think, and his struggles are not just because he parties too much.  I think Thoracic Outlet Syndrome has robbed him of his velocity and he's just not the same pitcher any more.  But he can probably come to terms with that and learn how to get by throwing junk.  He'll suck, but he can be just another boring 5th or 6th starter with a 4.50-5.00 ERA.  Which really, is all the Reds need from him.  As long as he can eat some innings.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up