Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Cropped Out Festival  (Read 297 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
2018 Cropped Out Festival
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »

http://sophomoreloungerecords.com/images/croppedout/co2018web6.jpg

I haven't heard of a lot of these acts, just like I hadn't heard of a lot of the musos at last year's Cropped Out.  But it doesn't matter.  Almost all of the ones last year were worth hearing.  I have no reason to believe this year will be different. 

Anthony Braxton, Half Japanese, and Michael Hurley are the "big names", I guess, and I'd like to see all of them.  They probably won't all be on the same day, though, and I can probably only do one day. 

And as euro probably already knows, Leggy will be appearing this year.  Just one more reason to go.  In general, I hate music festivals. I love this one, though. Very well organized, very scenic location on the Ohio River. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: 2018 Cropped Out Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »

That's a tasty lineup.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:36:58 PM »

I'll be there, for obvious reasons. It will be my first time at Cropped Out, and looking forward to checking out other acts as well
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 07:54:25 AM »

I'll be there, for obvious reasons. It will be my first time at Cropped Out, and looking forward to checking out other acts as well

I think you will really enjoy it.  Are you going both days?  Or just the day Leggy plays?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 11:30:41 PM »

I think you will really enjoy it.  Are you going both days?  Or just the day Leggy plays?
Don't know yet
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:52:34 PM »

Daily set times and stages for all acts have been confirmed:

http://www.croppedoutmusic.com/

I'm making it my duty to go at least on Saturday.  I'm a huge fan of Half Japanese and haven't seen them in ages.  Also want to see Anthony Braxton.  I'd like to go both days if I can.  Michael Hurley and Drunks With Guns (when's the last time you heard that band's name mentioned?) are playing on Friday, as is Leggy (3:25 PM to 3:50 PM).  Lots of other great acts to discover on both days.  I don't understand the logic of putting Half Japanese on one of the two smaller stages (same thing happened last year with feedtime) but that's a minor gripe.  If you've never been to Cropped Out, consider going.  It's the best run music festival I've ever been to, and that's coming from someone who hates music festivals. Reasonably priced, too.

On edit:  Michael Hurley, Drunks With Guns and Leggy are playing on Friday, not Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:20:04 AM by Drjohnrock »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 12:18:46 AM »

$40 for a day pass? Holy cow...

I've never been to Cropped Out before, but it'd better be worth it (as of course I'm going on Friday)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 08:22:48 AM »

$40 for a day pass? Holy cow...

I've never been to Cropped Out before, but it'd better be worth it (as of course I'm going on Friday)

And for both days it's $70.00, which is $35.00 per day.

I'm kind of puzzled as to why you think the tickets are pricey.  The music starts around noon both days and lasts until after midnight, with a ton of acts each day. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up