Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FC Cincinnati  (Read 5623 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: FC Cincinnati
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 12:27:59 AM »

Just to give perspective about the buzz of the upcoming FCC home opener in MLS: our firm decided to get a suite at Nippert, and then due to crazy client response, we decided to upgrade to the "Party Deck", and we'll be there with 60 of us (clients and friends of the firm). I'll be there.. so ready for it
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2019, 12:44:27 AM »

Havenít they sold something like 20k season tickets?  Not too shabby.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »

MLS season starts this coming weekend! Woohoo!

Here a preview on FCC's expected fortunes: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/02/21/2019-season-preview-fc-cincinnati

I agree with these projected finishes, and would be very surprised if FCC ended higher than 10th in the East, That's going to be a major eye-opener for thousands of people who think that what they saw the last couple of years in USL can simply be reepated in MLS...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 12:34:34 AM »

Havenít they sold something like 20k season tickets?  Not too shabby.
Yes they have. And counting...

Most "experts" have FC Cincinnati not really doing great in their initial MLS season (10th or lower in the East standings), and I can't dispute that. I think it will be a rude awakening for FCC fans, but I'd love to be wrong <sigh>

I'll be watching the MLS opener for FCC at Seatlle Sat at 10 pm, preparing for the worst, hoping for the best

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

Well, all one can say from this 4-1 drubbing is that the boys got schooled by a much better team in every facet of the game. I can't really say that I was all that surprised. Glad we did get to see one fabulous moment, when FCC went up 0-1 (against the run of the game) with that incredible volley.

Alan Koch and his staff have a lot of work ahead of them to get this team to be competitive, and the calendar isn't too kind: next week in Atlanta, then the week thereafter the home opener vs. Portland. I'm guessing that FCC may get 1 point out of those games, if that.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 03:34:20 PM »

They really need to pick up the pace. And improve their passing. I know this is their first year playing the big boys, but man ...

I couldn't believe how many times Seattle kept running the same play and FCC just never picked up on it.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/cincinnati/story/3791489/sources-us-midfielder-kenny-saief-set-for-loan-to-fc-cincinnati

As I follow the Belgian top league closely, I can declare that this guy has been an afterthought at Anderlecht, of course one of the top teams in Belgium. But hey, for all I know, this guy will set the MLS on fire... Lordie, FCC needs all the help it can get.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »

That deal is now official... FCC has loaned him, with an option to purchase.

FCC fans seem very excited about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BurkUt4jJNO/

It also got press in Belgium: https://sporza.be/nl/2019/03/06/saief-naar-mls/

Saief played 5 years in Belgium, first with Gent, then with Anderlecht (one of the Big Three), where he reconnected with his manager of Gent. Alas, because of Anderlecht's current disastrous season, that manager was fired, and the new manager decided he had no use for Saief, leaving him on a side track. FCC has thrown him a life line. Let's see how that works out for FCC...

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:06 AM »

If anyone is coming down for the Atlanta United/FCC match, let me know!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »

I know IPrayForSound is going for sure.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »

IPrayForTANG.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2019, 10:22:52 PM »

IPrayForTANG.
Wow...that's a blast from the past...had totally forgotten that name! 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2019, 10:34:51 PM »

I've got away FCC games locked in this year for New York and Chicago, but Atlanta is big on my list for next year,

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2019, 12:01:47 AM »

FCC's MLS home opener tomorrow at 5 pm!!!!

The match is officially sold out.

I have season tickets, but gave them to my son as I will actually watch from one of the suites with clients and friends of the firm. The client demand was so high that we upgraded to the largest suite available (65 people).

With tomorrow being also St. Patty's day, Clifton is going to be rocking. Traffic and parking will be a huge challenge. I am meeting up with clients at 3 pm at the Taste of Belgium on Short Vine for a late brunch, and then make our way over to Nippert around 4 or so.

I have to say, I'm pretty excited.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:14:44 AM by euro60 »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »

Well, all I have to say is that it was magical. From the pre-game hours build-up, with so much going on in Clifton, to the actual game itself, it all felt so perfect, almost surreal. One of the best sports moments in my 32 years living in Cincinnati.

And as a complete aside, one of the best client-entertaining events we have ever hosted. The energy and good vibes were all around. We had about 65 people in our suite at Nippert. "Hope we can come again", commented one of my clients. When was the last time you heard a comment like that at the Reds or Bengals?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up