Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: FC Cincinnati  (Read 3789 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: FC Cincinnati
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »

No one will be saying that about FC Cincinnati either, if they suck for five years straight.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »

That is true, but I have a nagging feeling that this will not be the case. Dunno, just a hunch.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2019, 10:35:32 PM »

BBC News, yes the effing BBC, sent a reporter to FCC's opening game in MLS. Amazing. Just watch:

https://old.reddit.com/r/FCCincinnati/comments/b2xrpi/bbc_sport_report_on_fc_cincinnati_video/
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2019, 10:34:13 PM »

Nice victory for FCC away at New England! 0-2!

Now tied for first in the MLS  Eastern Division, yea... That Seattle trashing seems far away now.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

But not reading too much into that... It's a long season. Next up, Phillie at home next Saturday evening.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/01/fc-cincinnati-mls-soccer

published on April 1, but not a joke. Just read and smile

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 10:44:04 PM »

If FCC is serious about wanting to be a playoff contender, Friday's home match vs. Real Salt Lake is a must-win, period, with 3 consecutive away games coming up (and all in 8 days), and after only getting 1 point from their last 3 matches.

It may be we've been spoiled by recent expansion MLS teams Atlanta United and LAFC. Besides those, other recent MLS expansion teams haven't proven playoff caliber.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »

Massive road game at Phillie tomorrow. Can FCC finally score again?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 10:53:44 PM »

*UPDATE* No, FCC cannot seem to score... The last goal from an open/running play goes back 5 games now (in late March at New England).

They clearly need reinforcement in the attacking line. Yes, Adi has been "out" for weeks (due to that DUI) but I don't think he's the answer either (even though he's on the hook for $2 mill)...

Trying times for FCC, but as I've said all along, the transition to MLS was not going to be easy. That has proven to be true, and then some....

Still, looking forward to going to the upcoming home matches and enjoy all that entails (including the before and after shenanigans).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:55:47 PM by euro60 »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2019, 02:16:09 PM »

FCC fires head coach Alan Koch after just 11 games in the MLS. Wow. I didn't see that coming, although the scoreless (and winless) streak has been a killer.

But according to GM Jeff Berding, that was not the primary reason. Koch had "lost the team", as they say.

https://www.fccincinnati.com/post/2019/05/07/club-dismisses-head-coach-alan-koch

I think part of Berding's thinking was: "what would Mike Brown do? I'm gonna do the EXACT OPPOSITE".

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »

I mean, who knows?

He had good results with a team that was massively more talented than the rest of the division.  He had bad results with a team that was massively inferior to the rest of the division.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 01:17:37 AM »

A month later... FCC is now officially the worst team in the MLS.

Last night at Colorado was just dismal... (Colorado had 2 wins at the time.)

This season has been a massive fail on every account. So disappointing.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 11:07:08 PM »

Belated update: my son and I were in New York and went to the game at NYCFC last Thursday, played at Yankee Stadium. I was surprised how well the playing circumstances were (being in a baseball stadium).

FCC was shit (once again), losing 5-2, but not scoring a single time (both the FCC goals were NYCFC own-goals if you can believe it). On the good side, we hung out pre-game with NYCFC supporters in a cool place (Bronx Brewing House), and a good time was enjoyed all around. And it's New York! (we were there for a mini-family gathering.)

Then on Sunday we went to the US-Venezuela game at Nippert. Great atmosphere but the US got schooled by Venezuela, 0-3, wow. It was bad, really bad, I mean, like FCC has been recently <sigh>

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up