Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FC Cincinnati  (Read 6562 times)

euro60

• City Elder
FC Cincinnati
« on: July 07, 2018, 11:49:46 PM »

The internationalization of soccer works against MLS because now it's easier than ever to follow PL or even Bundesliga or La Liga.
Exactly the opposite in fact. So many people are watching those top leagues on TV that they want soccer in their cities. I see this time and again from the younger folks (say, my 31 yr. old son and his friends, and the same from my friends and their sons). I watched the England-Sweden game today at a friend's house, and his 27 yr. old son who was there knew more about the European leagues than I do, and he loves FCC (as does my son).

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:58:12 PM by euro60 »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: FC Cincinnati
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:14:16 AM »

usually a thread like this is prefaced with the requisite sass, kudos euro for accepting some good natured ribbing
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:09:03 PM »

Just to keep perspective: average attendance halfway through the season for both these clubs

Cincinnati Reds: 20,000
FC Cincinnati: 25,000

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018-usl-attendance/

The Reds have a LOT of work to do.

There's been a lot of talk about how much seating capacity the new FCC stadium should have. Currently it is envisioned at being 21,000, but these plans may move. I say, build it at 25,000.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 12:31:47 AM »

So as we speak the Reds are playing a 3 hr. (!) rain-delayed game in front of a pretty bare looking GABP. So glad I don't have clients to entertain at that game.

I am hosting clients and friends of the firm at Saturday's FCC's game in a corporate suite at Nippert. I hope the weather cooperates (fingers crossed). One thing I know: FCC will not delay a game by 3 hrs.

A few days ago FCC announced ticket pricing for next year, when they move up to MLS. Of course, pricing has gone up, but not as much as I expected. And as FCC noted: the lowest average tix prices in MLS. I see good things happening for FCC going forward in the MLS.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:42:13 PM »

FCC has signed 2 MLS players to join the roster in the build-up of the transition to MLS next year. It's all happening!

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3579476/fc-cincinnati-signs-fanendo-adi-and-fatai-alashe-ahead-of-mls-move

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 10:47:58 PM »

Was at the FCC game today, a weird 6 PM Sunday evening game, but somehow 24,000+ were there, and FCC won 1-0, woohoo.

Back home I watched the second half of DC United-Orlando MLS game. DC's Wayne Rooney is invisible the entire half, until in the 96th min., when he makes an incredible ball recovery and then sends a great ball into the penalty area, and DC scores on a header!!!!!! Wow. DC wins 3-2

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 11:28:00 PM »

Our law firm's Cincinnati office holds an annual office summer get-together each year for all lawyers and staff. It's the only event each year where lawyers and staff (and families) mingle socially.

Traditionally over the years it has been held at Kings Island (most of the time) or Coney Island or the Reds or the Zoo. This year it's at FCC, this coming Saturday. Yes, that is how the landscape has changed in Cincinnati. FCC is THE happening thing in this city.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 10:23:26 PM »

FCC is THE happening thing in this city.
I think it’s the Bird scooters
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »

I think it’s the Bird scooters
I have no idea what that means or what you are referring to...

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 11:57:38 PM »

They’re motorized scooters you can rent.

This company comes in and just drops them all over the city.  You have an app that tells you where the nearest scooters are.  You just find one, use the app to check it out, then ride around around until you are done, then just leave it wherever.  Except then the city comes and confiscates all the scooters because people ride them on the sidewalks like assholes and injure people,or they injure themselves riding in the street with no help. Plus the streets get littered with scooters.  And Bird doesn’t bother to apply for any licenses because they are dickheads who think “disruptive technology” means they don’t have to follow the rules. So after the city confiscated all the scooters they come in and drop off my scooters.

Pretty much they’re the best evidence of how entitled tech companies and people under 30 are, and how bad we need a recession to teach some people a lesson.  Which fortunately is coming in very short order, thanks to Trumps insane fiscal policy.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »

Our law firm's Cincinnati office holds an annual office summer get-together each year for all lawyers and staff. It's the only event each year where lawyers and staff (and families) mingle socially.

Traditionally over the years it has been held at Kings Island (most of the time) or Coney Island or the Reds or the Zoo. This year it's at FCC, this coming Saturday. Yes, that is how the landscape has changed in Cincinnati. FCC is THE happening thing in this city.
Office summer outing tonight at FCC was great all around. We had a "hospitality" area with food and drinks, and lawyers and staff mingled, and people soaked up the atmosphere. Yet another 27K showed up for the game, which is right on target for FCC's attendance this year. That FCC won 3-0 was just the icing on the cake.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 10:35:38 PM »

Glorious Sunday afternoon for an FCC game. Down 2-3 deep in the 2nd half, FCC manages to score in the 78th and 88th min to squeeze out a 4-3 win.

Again more than 27,000 in attendance.

Barring a complete meltdown in the last 5 games of the regular season (highly unlikely as they have an 18 game unbeaten streak), FCC will have home field advantage in the playoffs.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »

So as we speak the Reds are playing a 3 hr. (!) rain-delayed game in front of a pretty bare looking GABP. So glad I don't have clients to entertain at that game.

I am hosting clients and friends of the firm at Saturday's FCC's game in a corporate suite at Nippert. I hope the weather cooperates (fingers crossed). One thing I know: FCC will not delay a game by 3 hrs.

I rode a chartered bus with other FCC fans down to Louisville for the final Dirty River Derby on Sept. 8 and it had pretty much rained all day but they started the game anyway. FCC was up by 1 when the heavens REALLY opened and they had to stop play. We all ran for cover and waited for them to call the game - there was simply no way they'd be able to restart the game because Louisville's pitch was so waterlogged that the players would have needed kayaks.

We only had to hang around 30-40 minutes before they called it. I overheard someone say that they had to wait at least 30 minutes from the time play stopped before they could postpone a match but I don't know if that is true or not.

Unfortunately the rematch was held the following Tuesday, which meant the majority of our fans didn't get to attend.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 10:48:21 PM »

MK, didn't realize you were an FCC fan... Let's hang out at one of the next home games! (Beware, it might involve pre-game Taste of Belgium shenanigans)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up