Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: FC Cincinnati  (Read 2539 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: FC Cincinnati
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »

MK, didn't realize you were an FCC fan... Let's hang out at one of the next home games! (Beware, it might involve pre-game Taste of Belgium shenanigans)

When I go it's usually with a group who meet at Molly Malone's and ride the MM Green Machine to and from the match.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:19 PM »

With yesterday's improbable comeback win, FCC has home-field advantage in the playoffs as long as they stay alive...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 11:26:45 PM »

ZK, your Richmond Kickers are hosting FCC on Wednesday evening. Any chance they can stop FCC's 19 unbeaten streak?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »

Was at the final regular season home game on Saturday. Incredible atmosphere all around (and I don't just mean Nippert Stadium, but the entire Clifton area--the area was packed and rocking). 31,000+ people in the stands. FCC won 3-0. Does it get any better?

At the pre-game bar hangout I was at, I was next to a couple from England, long time residents of Cincinnati (no, not CR and MK), and we started chatting. "Can you believe what they have built here?' the guy asked me.

FCC has home field advantage throughout the playoffs (starting Oct. 20)

So looking forward to their transition into MLS next year. The front office has done such a great job in the USL, and I expect them to do the same in MSL.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »

We were at the match too. Figured since we went to the FCCvIndy11 match at Lucas Oil at the start of the season we may as well top & tail. Fun time!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »

One of the most enjoyable things for me having gone to many FCC games this year is the people I meet, both at the pre-game bar and at the game. So many international (non-US) people that live here that I had no idea about. And soccer-aficianados. I typically wear a club jersey of a Belgian player to the game. The obvious one being Kevin De Bruyne's ManCity or Jan Vertonghen's Tottenham jersey. One of the games I was wearing Dries Mertens' Napoli jersey and some guy came up to me to tell me how a big fan of Napoli he was. Nobody but someone who is "really" into it would've even recognized it. What are the chances? I love those moments.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 11:24:44 PM »

Not surprisingly, Ledesma, the best player on the team, and surely USL MVP of this year, has been offered a contract for next year's MLS season

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-cincinnati/story/3668337/fc-cincinnati-midfielder-emmanuel-ledesma-set-to-sign-new-contract-sources

As an aside, FCC tied at Nashville 3-3 tonight, bringing their unbroken streak to 23 (a USL record).

Next: the first game of the playoffs on Saturday, 4 pm, at Nippert. Keeping fingers crossed for the weather.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 12:28:46 AM »

Disappointing loss today for FCC in the playoffs. But honestly, I am not all that surprised. The team simply hasn't played very well in the last month or so. The 24 game streak of not losing was an albatross. I wished they had lost one of the last regular season game, just to get that "unbeaten" streak done with, but it also looked to me the team simply ran out of steam. Nevertheless, a glorious season for sure.

Next game at Nippert: the MLS home debut! Looking forward to it already!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »

First matches of the 2019 MLS debut season for FCC have been announced:

FC Cincinnati will open its 2019 home schedule on Sunday, March 17, when the team hosts MLS Cup finalist Portland Timbers at 5 p.m. at Nippert Stadium in its first-ever Major League Soccer contest in the Queen City.

FCC will formally open the 2019 season with back-to-back road games in front of MLS’ two largest average crowds. Major League Soccer announced all 24 teams’ home openers on Thursday afternoon.

FC Cincinnati will play its first-ever MLS game at CenturyLink Field against Seattle Sounders FC at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 2.

In Week 2, FCC will meet MLS Cup champion Atlanta United FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium at 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 10.

Tough way to open (@ Seattle, @ Atlanta), but still I'm psyched!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »

Holy cow, the opening home game is on St. Patrick's Day?! Oh dear.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »

Holy cow, the opening home game is on St. Patrick's Day?! Oh dear.
Indeed!

Clifton will be rockin'  8)

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 11:36:41 PM »

2019 schedule released:

Saturday, March 2 – at Seattle Sounders FC (CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Wash.) – 10 p.m. – FS1
Sunday, March 10 – at Atlanta United FC (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Ga.) – 5 p.m. – ESPN
Sunday, March 17 – vs. Portland Timers (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 5 p.m. – FS1
Sunday, March 24 – at New England Revolution (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.) – 4 p.m.
Saturday, March 30 – vs. Philadelphia Union (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 7 – vs. Sporting Kansas City (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 3 p.m. – ESPN
Saturday, April 13 – at LAFC (Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, Calif.) – 10:30 p.m.
Friday, April 19 – vs. Real Salt Lake (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 27 – at New York Red Bulls (Red Bull Arena, Harrison, N.J.) – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 1 – at Philadelphia Union (Talen Energy Stadium, Chester, Pa.) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 4 – at San Jose Earthquakes (Avaya Stadium, San Jose, Calif.) – 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 11 – vs. Montreal Impact (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 1 p.m. – TVA/Canada
Sunday, May 19 – at Orlando City SC (Orlando City Stadium, Orlando, Fla.) – 5 p.m.
Saturday, May 25 – vs. New York Red Bulls (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 1 – at Colorado Rapids (Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, Colo.) – 9 p.m.
Thursday, June 6 – at NYCFC (Yankee Stadium, New York, N.Y.) – 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 22 – vs. LA Galaxy (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 29 – at Minnesota United FC (Allianz Field, St. Paul, Minn.) – 4 p.m. – ESPN
Saturday, July 6 – vs. Houston Dynamo (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 13 – at Chicago Fire (SeatGeek Stadium, Bridgeview, Ill.) – 8 p.m.
Thursday, July 18 – vs. D.C. United (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 8 p.m. – ESPN
Sunday, July 21 – vs. New England Revolution (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 6 p.m.
Saturday, July 27 – at Toronto FC (BMO Field, Toronto, Ontario) – 8 p.m. – TSN/Canada
Saturday, Aug. 3 – vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 8 p.m. – TSN/Canada
Saturday, Aug. 10 – at Columbus Crew SC (MAPFRE Stadium, Columbus, Ohio) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17 – vs. NYCFC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 25 – vs. Columbus Crew SC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 8 p.m. – FS1
Saturday, Aug. 31 – at FC Dallas (Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas) – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – vs. Toronto FC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m. – TSN/Canada
Saturday, Sept. 14 – at Montreal Impact (Saputo Stadium, Montreal, Quebec) – 7:30 p.m. – TVA/Canada
Wednesday, Sept. 18 – vs. Atlanta United FC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 – vs. Chicago Fire (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 29 – vs. Orlando City SC (Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati) – 5 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 6 – at D.C. United (Audi Field, Washington, D.C.) – 4 p.m.

I'm psyched!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 10:45:58 PM »

FCC is making so many roster and draft moves, it's making my head spin.

Tomorrow is (for all practical purposes) college draft day. Will be interesting to see what develops.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 02:36:09 PM »

Today is the MLS Superdraft.

Looks like FCC's new jersey was revealed along the way. I love the new jersey! Much better than the previous (USL) jersey):

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3748483/fc-cincinnati-selects-uclas-frankie-amaya-with-top-pick-in-mls-superdraft

euro60

• City Elder

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up