Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cincinnati Reds 2019  (Read 4020 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Cincinnati Reds 2019
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »

Huh, fire David Bell? WHY?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2019, 11:45:44 PM »

iglesias ruined whatever plans they had for short.  he's still young enough to warrant a contract.  i hear you about the logjam at right.  it's sorta like; these guys belong on the team so let's do that.  ervin has a decent enough sample to warrant the full time gig.  winker and senzel don't play everyday because of it as well.   i guess they're just playing for next year, despite playing decent ball
poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »

Man, I feel a little bad for David Hernandez.

I think there must be few suckier things than the pitcher who starts off in a competitive game and then gets bombed so quickly and mercilessly that like his job duties wraps around from trying to win game to mop up duty.  You get to keep pitching because you were shitty.

And then you try to get it together and at least eat some innings, but you are so bad you canít even do that and of course it gets harder and harder as your arm wears down from throwing 35 pitches in an inning. And then you start thinking, ďOkay, now we have moved beyond Ďsave the armsí mode into ďLetís blow this guyís arm out so that at least he canít itch the rest of this series and hopefully he gets hurt so we can DL him and bring up another player.Ē

And in the end, you still fail and the team is forced to use a position player who thinks it is all a fun goof.... and then that guy works a crisp 1 and a third inning making it look easy. 

It happens multiple times a year, but it is always cringe-y watching.

I remember LaRussa did this like twice in one season to Jason Marquis.  He *hated* Jason Marquis.  I donít know why.  Marquis was not very good, but he was an okay 5th starter.  But LaRussa hated him.  He would always leave him in too long even when he wasnít awful.  Like Marquis would be down 3-1 after 6 innings which is typical 5th starter stuff and LaRussa would make him pitch the seventh and throw 110 pitches.  He was also always making Marquis do other stuff, too. Like ph just to sac bunt on off nights.  Or pinch run for no reason, 

Anyway, The second time it happened, I was certain Marquis was going to punch La Russa when he finally took the ball.  I think LaRussa knew it, too, so he sent out the pitching coach.  Pitching coach takes the ball tries to give him the pat on the ass and Marquis kind of stiff arms him and walks off, staring daggers at LaRussa the entire time.  That was it for him in St. Louis.  Next year they traded him to the Cubs.  He was pretty good for us.  Did a good job eating some innings.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2019, 11:59:05 PM »

iglesias ruined whatever plans they had for short.  he's still young enough to warrant a contract.  i hear you about the logjam at right.  it's sorta like; these guys belong on the team so let's do that.  ervin has a decent enough sample to warrant the full time gig.  winker and senzel don't play everyday because of it as well.   i guess they're just playing for next year, despite playing decent ball

Itís like some weird platoon thing of VanMeter, Senzel, Ervin against righties and Winker, ?, Aquino vs lefties.  Aquino just hit the hardest ball in MLB all season, and threw the fastest ball from outfield in the same game.  Heís a beast. 

Iglesias is an okay player.  Kind of a borderline starter/really good utility guy.  He will not have a problem getting a contract, just not sure why the Reds would do it.

Brutal game for Peraza today.  It may be time to just give up on him.  He needs a change of scenery.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2019, 11:07:20 PM »

every time aquino doesn't hit a home run i start to wonder if he isn't just a flash in the pan

it was like the reds hitting coach or something (i don't think the minors) who suggested he open up his stance.  he can apparently see the ball that much better.  i could never keep my eyes on the baseball when i was batting.  my head thought it was part of the follow thru.  no one ever corrected me.  i only self diagnosed myself something like five years ago when it occurred to me why i sucked at the plate.  maybe they did try to give me advice only i never listened.  keep your eyes on the ball they might have said.  of course.  yeah yeah.  how else you gonna hit it?  or maybe they thought i was too sensitive and any criticism would cause me to cry

jesus christ.  could you only imagine if i opened up my stance?

poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2019, 12:36:48 AM »

jesus christ.  could you only imagine if i opened up my stance?
I think I'd be afraid, very afraid  :o
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up