Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Sports Musings  (Read 117880 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random Sports Musings
« Reply #2010 on: August 03, 2019, 11:56:42 PM »

Puig was great while we had him. Sad to see him go, but it makes sense.

Fuck Pittsburgh
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2011 on: August 06, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »

I am rooting for Travis Demeritte to fail.  Hard.

The reason I am rooting for Travis Demeritte to fail is because he is on my fantasy team. 

The reason I am rooting for Travis Demeritte to fail even though he is on my fantasy team are threefold:  First, he's on my bench and I want my decision to bench him to be vindicated.  Second, he was traded from the NL to the AL, which means I cannot keep him for next year and even though none of that has anything to do with me, I want to feel like I am not losing a keeper.  Third, Demeritte's AAA stats aren't that great.  He's like... possibly okay but probably not.  And I want him to be that way so it confirms my incredible talent at reading stat lines and scouting reports written by strangers.

The reason why Travis Demeritte is on my fantasy team was because I had an open slot a few weeks ago, and there was no one really interesting available so I just kinda perused some players and was like "Yeah, this dude seems not totally shitty and might get a call-up."  It was a 2 minute decision. 

I have/am investing way too much time and effort on this 2 minute decision for a guy who is not on my active roster and will never be on my active roster and who I will probably drop this weekend.  It's just very important to me that I nail with 100% accuracy my judgment on the exact mediocrity of Travis Demeritte that he will get called up but not be good.  I HAVE TO BE RIGHT.

On the other hand, if for some reason Demeritte were still in the NL, and Michael Conforto broke his leg then I would have to activate Demeritte and I would be totally rooting for him to defy all his critics and turn into the next Mike Trout.  If this happened, it would make me not only NOT RIGHT but incredibly, catastrophically WRONG.  But I will totally justify this by saying all I did was play the odds and wisely pick up a player with at least some mild potential just in case it worked out, and my never-say-die attitude and hardwork is now paying off.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #2012 on: August 10, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »

Got up this morning extra early to get ready for PL.  Something was wrong with my NBCSports Gold account not renewing.  So I paid them their shitty extortionate $65.  It was glitchy on my screen and I could not watch the game.  Called their support and yelled at them.  They kept giving me the runaround.  Luckily nothing was happening in the game.

FINALLY they fixed it at something like 59:34 of the Southampton game, just in time for me to see them to cough up three goals in ten minutes. 

I am happier that I snagged Aristides Aquino for $1 on my fantasy league last week or angrier that Aquino is singlehandedly destroying the Cubs in an important series?  Itís closer call than I would have thought. 

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #2013 on: August 10, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »

I am happier that I snagged Aristides Aquino for $1 on my fantasy league last week or angrier that Aquino is singlehandedly destroying the Cubs in an important series?  It’s closer call than I would have thought. 
He's a beast and they should quit pitching to him.  Sheesh tonight was tough to watch.  The pitches in the 60s threw him off a bit.
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]   Go Up