Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Books in 2020  (Read 42 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
50 Books in 2020
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:35:45 AM »

1. "The Unhoneymooners" - Christina Lauren
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: 50 Books in 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:45:16 PM »

1- the golden apples- eudora welty-  i was about to pick up a faulkner when it occurred to me that it's easy pick up a book written by any white man; there's just so many of them.  so i stuck with the southern thing.  now, i picked this book up at a used bookshop in lawrence, ks (almost scored an atlas shrugged shirt but wife said i could get only one; i eschewed ayn for karamozov)

oh i hated it.  after page thirty two i pined for bill

i knew nothing about her of course.  no, i picked the book up on a whim as you might say.  i thought she was a black woman.  i've never read a book by a black woman.  no she's not black but she's a hundred percent cotton.  that's how she writes; like cotton.  delicate fabric yarns

i was a bit bummed when i opened the book and was short stories.  i don't mind short stories but i was excited about the prospect of a novel from some new southern voice.  this might as well have been a novel though; as connected (am i using a semi colon correctly?  i've been noticing them a lot when i read; and write) as they were.  as you can see, golden apples grew on me.  you intermittently, age with them and she answers questions from previous stories.  neat

i almost quit multiple times   
poach eggs, not elephants
Pages: [1]   Go Up