Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV shows in 2019  (Read 14068 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: New TV shows in 2019
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2019, 08:05:45 AM »

Anyone else watching/watched the Netflix series Living With Yourself? Stars Paul Rudd as a guy who goes into a mysterious clinic that promises him a better life, and later discovers that he has been cloned.

Double Paul Rudd? Hell yeah, I'm sold.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:05 PM »

Anyone else watching/watched the Netflix series Living With Yourself? Stars Paul Rudd as a guy who goes into a mysterious clinic that promises him a better life, and later discovers that he has been cloned.

Double Paul Rudd? Hell yeah, I'm sold.

I'm watching it...slowly. Maybe 2-3 episodes in. I definitely like it, but I don't want to mainline it in a day. It's pretty heavy, but also funny.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »

Anyone watching EVIL? They are doing some really creepy stuff on that show, especially for a network program.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2019, 10:15:23 PM »

It’s for ancient old fucks like me, but S2 of “The Kominsky Method” is easily as good as the first. Witty, sad, honest. Jane Seymour is still as hawt as hell.
Opulence. I has it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »

Anyone watching EVIL? They are doing some really creepy stuff on that show, especially for a network program.

We watch it.  Julie likes it more than I do.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »

It’s for ancient old fucks like me, but S2 of “The Kominsky Method” is easily as good as the first. Witty, sad, honest. Jane Seymour is still as hawt as hell.

She is so f00kin hawt with gray hair!!!! Like, SO MUCH SEXIER.

I really like that show. Norman is THE BEST. I also really enjoyed the addition of the Paul Reiser character this season.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »

Watchmen.

So far, very good. Really really good.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »

Watchmen.

So far, very good. Really really good.

YES YES YES!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »

She's still as annoying as hell, that's for sure. 

Komnisky Method is alright.  It's got some good moments, but it's all kind of low hanging fruit for Arkin.  Michael Douglas is more interesting, but he doesn't seem to have any kind of consistency in his character or any character development.  Paul Reiser is pretty awesome.

The whole show is just watch how Douglass randomly reacts to the random events of this eposide, while Arkin says something dark as shit while acting cuddly.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »

Binge watched The Devil Next Door yesterday on Netflix. WOW. I thought I knew the story of John Demjanjuk - the retired Cleveland autoworker accused of being an extermination camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible - but this 5-part documentary had a lot more twists and turns than expected. Highly recommended, but if you watch, be sure to carve out enough time in one sitting because it's very difficult to stop watching.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »

Last night I watched what I think is the last episode of Mrs. Fletcher (now available on HBO On Demand). 7 episodes (of 30 min. each) in total and one of the best "sitcom" TV shows I've seen in a long time. Kathryn Hahn is outstanding (and smokin' hot). I can only hope that HBO will bring this back for a second season!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »

Binge watched The Devil Next Door yesterday on Netflix. WOW. I thought I knew the story of John Demjanjuk - the retired Cleveland autoworker accused of being an extermination camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible - but this 5-part documentary had a lot more twists and turns than expected. Highly recommended, but if you watch, be sure to carve out enough time in one sitting because it's very difficult to stop watching.

Thanks, was on the fence on this one.  I only sorta know the story, as was pretty young when that all went down.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

I just finished watching Watchmen (on HBO; 9 episodes of about an hour each). Let me state upfront that I knew nothing about the prior history of Watchmen. In fact, I am in general not a fan of yet more Marvel and DC superheroes on TV or in the theaters. But the preview of Episode 1 of Watchmen looked intriguing, and I gave it a try.

Within 15 min. of watching Ep 1, I knew that I would love this, and that was indeed the case. The entire 9 episodes make for a wild, WILD ride, way out there on so many levels.

I have no idea whether HBO plans on bringing this back for another season, or whether this was it. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed this.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2019, 01:34:19 PM »

Yeah, it was really great. I had no intention of watching it, but then it got such stunning reviews and word-of-mouth that I gave it a try. No regrets there! My memory of the original story was fuzzy but I did remember some of it. They did a good job of briefing everyone on whatever it was the viewer needed to know.

I am sad that it sounds like it's a one-season kind of thing, because there are so many things they didn't resolve at the final episode. So hoping for more, but ... well, we'll see?

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2019, 02:11:01 PM »

I am going to have to watch it because I have heard so much good stuff about it. When it was announced I totally rolled my eyes, but I have heard nothing but good things about it.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up