Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV shows in 2019  (Read 5774 times)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: New TV shows in 2019
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »

Holey Moley cracks me up. The commentators are the best part.
also known as rcc94

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2019, 11:15:14 AM »

I know we are a few months behind, but we just finished "Chernobyl" and holy smokes I can't believe how amazing that was. Wow. Just wow. If you haven't watched....do.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »

I know we are a few months behind, but we just finished "Chernobyl" and holy smokes I can't believe how amazing that was. Wow. Just wow. If you haven't watched....do.
Yes, loved it too.

If you haven't watched "Our Boys" (10 part TV series on HBO), do yourself a favor and check it out. Absolutely outstanding as well.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »

OOF, that one looks a little heavy for me. I'll consider it (thanks for the rec) but I'm not sure.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »

anyone watching Fleabag? I've thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2019, 07:18:00 AM »

I thought Fleabag was some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.  It's rare that a show can make me laugh uncontrollably, squirm in discomfort, and bawl my eyes out all in on sitting.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »

I finished up the first two seasons of MINDHUNTER yesterday.  Good enough, the guy that plays Tench especially.  I find the characters of the uptight guy and the scholar lady as being just a little off in their characterizations.  Not sure if it is the acting or the writing or what.  I will probably come back for season 3, assuming there is one and they are going somewhere with the Kansas storyline.

I thought the storyline with the Tench child was also not my favorite from this season, but the rest was quite good.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »

The thing with Tench's son is so stupid.  I get that it adds a needed element of personal family drama to the show but I mean, there were thousands of ways they could have done that.

It's too bad, because I really like the Tench character and Holt McCallany does an incredible job, IMO.  The other two leads I really don't care about that much.

I don't know.  I'll probably hang in there for another season but the kid thing has more-or-less ruined what was shaping up to be solid show with upside.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »

Anyone watching the latest Ken Burns mini-series documentary "Country Music" on PBS? Now 3 nights in the bag (out of 8 two hour episodes). I absolutely love this stuff, even though as such I'm not into country music at all. But the series is so well made and obviously meticulously researched.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »

The thing with Tench's son is so stupid.  I get that it adds a needed element of personal family drama to the show but I mean, there were thousands of ways they could have done that.

It's too bad, because I really like the Tench character and Holt McCallany does an incredible job, IMO.  The other two leads I really don't care about that much.

I don't know.  I'll probably hang in there for another season but the kid thing has more-or-less ruined what was shaping up to be solid show with upside.

It's like "everyone gets a personal life storyline so that you can see how hard this was on their personal lives".  I get it.  I just don't care.  And the Tench son thing was really really stupid.

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »

Anyone watching the latest Ken Burns mini-series documentary "Country Music" on PBS? Now 3 nights in the bag (out of 8 two hour episodes). I absolutely love this stuff, even though as such I'm not into country music at all. But the series is so well made and obviously meticulously researched.

Yeah, I've been waiting for it to come on and have been watching with great interest. Even as a student of traditional country music, blues and folk, I think it's fantastic. For those who don't know about the roots of country music, it's a great introduction.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #86 on: Yesterday at 08:17:23 PM »

Growing up outside of Nashville, I probably picked up more of country music history through osmosis than people who group up elsewhere. I've also watched specials on PBS over the years on individual performers. But I am still enjoying the show, and I do lots of trying to figure out which part of Nashville the photo from 40-70 years ago was taken.

Definitely going to keep this one on the DVR for awhile.
also known as rcc94

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #87 on: Today at 09:20:32 AM »

Definitely a great documentary. Loving it.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up