Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies - 2019  (Read 529 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Abandoned Movies - 2019
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:06:22 AM »

1. ONLY GAME IN TOWN - 1970 movie directed by George Stevens, starring Elizabeth Taylor and Warren Beatty. Quite the pedigree, but boooooooooooooooy was it rotten. I tried to keep watching it, but I just couldn't do it. However, I am happy just to have the image on screen of Liz Taylor walking into a pizza-serving piano bar while holding an entire carton of Salems.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Re: Abandoned Movies - 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »

It’s only Jan 17th and I reckon I have already abandoned at least a dozen moves since the turn of the year. All so shit I can’t even remember the names. Stuff on Netflix, Am Prime, Kanopy and Hulu that “kinda looked good” in synopsis or trailer form but were real stinkers of the highest order.
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:13:22 PM »

Stuff on Netflix, Am Prime, Kanopy and Hulu that “kinda looked good” in synopsis or trailer form but were real stinkers of the highest order.
I'm glad I'm not on either of any of these.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:58 PM »

Tried watching David Lynch’s “Duran Duran Unstaged”, billed as a “multimedia cinematic journey”, which must be an anagram for “unwatchable irritating pretentious wank”
Opulence. I has it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »

I'm glad I'm not on either of any of these.

I don't know why you seem to be so proud that you've turned a blind eye to so much content.  Sure there are a few stinkers, just like there are with any outlet but Netflix has such a huge breadth of content that there is no way you could possibly not find content that you'd enjoy.  Amazon is also starting to gain steam with their original content; Man in the High Castle, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Homecoming are all great.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up