Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 Concerts For 2019  (Read 2774 times)

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
Re: 25 Concerts For 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »

11-08: Nation Band - Daiquiri Shak, Madeira Beach, Fla.

Went for the daiquiris, suffered the cover band.
They sounded fine and were crowd pleasers, which is basically what you expect from a classic rock cover band. On the plus side, they were fit and nice to look at. On the minus side, they did a 3-song medley of Journey. So fuck them.

I'm crying laughing reading this, MK   :-D
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: 25 Concerts For 2019
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 08:37:44 PM »

3/1/2019--Loudon Wainwright III---Ludlow Garage, Cincinnati, Ohio
6/1/2019--Al Stewart/The Empty Pockets--Ludlow Garage, Cincinnati, Ohio
9/23/2019--Brian Wilson/The Zombies--Taft Theatre, Cincinnati, Ohio
11/30/2019--Sierra Hull--Memorial Hall, Cincinnati, Ohio

The Sierra Hull show was the first event I've ever seen at Memorial Hall. Intriguing venue but the seats aren't exactly comfortable.  Maybe next time I'll spring for the "VIP" seats.  Also, the pictures of the interior of the place that you see online seem to use the trick you see with houses on MLS:  make the place look bigger than it really is. 

I didn't see a lot of shows this year due to health and house issues (twice in one post I've referenced real estate).  And the ones I saw had too many older performers who don't exactly rock out. I'm going to cure that by seeing Olivia Jean at SGHR on January 25 in the new year.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up