Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows 2020  (Read 383 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
New TV Shows 2020
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »

I binged all of GIRI/HAJI on Netflix this weekend and loooooooooooooved it.
It's originally a BBC show starring Kelly MacDonald and some fine (and FOINE) Japanese actors in this Tokyo to London cat and mouse thriller.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

euro60

• City Elder
Re: New TV Shows 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:18:19 PM »

The Outsider, a 10 episode mini-series, premiered last night on HBO. It's based on the Stephen King's novel of the same name (which I have not read). It's basically a "who dunnit" murder mystery with seemingly conflicting evidence. A guy (played by Jason Bateman) is quickly identified as the one and only murder suspect, yet he has a watertight alibi. What is going on here? Bateman also produces and directs (at least the initial two episodes that premiered last night).

I'm enjoying it. This being a Stephen King adaptation, I expect a huge plot twist at some point. But the initial 2 episodes have focused on the police investigation, and have kept me on the edge of my seat for most of it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »

Finally got around to watching JOHN MULANEY AND THE SACK LUNCH BUNCH.

It's worth it just for the Jake Gyllenhaal portion, which is towards the end.  It's probably like 1 song too long, but I like how it is both ironic and earnest all in the same show.  David Byrne also shows up... twice... and he's more than game.

Did finally finish THE DEVIL NEXT DOOR, and thought it was fine.  Probably a bit overlong at 5 episodes.  Could've knocked out a couple of those that were heavy with the long portions of testimony and gotten the same result.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:37:17 PM by Butter »

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »

Not new, but decided that “Manifest” has finally shit the bed after what was an encouraging debut season.
Opulence. I has it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 11:43:05 AM »

Finally got around to watching JOHN MULANEY AND THE SACK LUNCH BUNCH.

It's worth it just for the Jake Gyllenhaal portion, which is towards the end.  It's probably like 1 song too long, but I like how it is both ironic and earnest all in the same show.  David Byrne also shows up... twice... and he's more than game.

I found it to be just my kind of absurd.  We both really liked it.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

I just saw that Parasite, the 4x Oscar winning film from South Africa, is being made into an HBO series, starring Mark Ruffalo...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »

You sure about that? South Africa looked awfully different in this film than the other South African films I've seen. :-p

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

Ha! Too funny. Africa, Korea, what's the difference  :P

Pages: [1]   Go Up