Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New TV Shows 2020  (Read 895 times)

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: New TV Shows 2020
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 07:19:19 AM »

Finally got around to watching the final season of Bojack Horseman.  Still don't know how they get away with balancing the silliness and seriousness.  It probably wasn't the best season, but they really nailed the finale.

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 08:22:07 AM »

finished the 2nd season of disenchantment. pretty good.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 10:39:54 AM »

My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New Name is the second season of the Italian historical drama. I have not seen Season 1 but conveniently HBO gave a 2-3 min. synopsis of Season 1 before Episode 1 of the new season. Basic premise: two girls who are BFFs grow up in Napoli. Within 10 min. I knew that I absolutely would love this show. Looking forward to the 7 additional episodes, and there will be 2 more seasons after this one (mirroring the 4 books on which the series is based).
I binge-watched the entire Season 1 this weekend. Absolutely outstanding in every which way. I love, love, LOVE this show. Masterful storytelling at its very best.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 11:05:45 AM »

The new (2nd) season of The Trade is now underway on SHO. Hadn't watched it before, so I've now started watching all episodes of Season 1 (which aired in 2018). Absolutely terrific if terrifying tv-series.

Basic premise: they follow the drug cartels in Guerrero (Mexico) that are duking it out over who controls the poppy fields that produce the heroin and opioids which Americans are craving like never before. They also follow how authorities on the US side are battling the opioid wave, and the opioid users themselves. As it happens "on the US side" is taking place in Columbus and Dayton.

I have no idea how the producers of this show were able to get inside access to all relevant sides, but in particular the Mexican drug cartels. I can't recall having seen a show like this before. Most disheartening is watching the opioid users. Every single one of them is desperate to stop using, but simply can't/won't.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 03:19:53 PM »

netflix: earth at night is very good if you like nature shows.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: Today at 10:09:33 AM »

We started watching two shows on Netflix that I'd never heard of but do recommend:

The Chef Show: saw two episodes and it made me want to make new foods. So that was fun.

Explained: well produced educational show. Learned a lot and I like how it's a great combination of oral and visual explanation. The Pandemics episode was obviously on point.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up